Location: Embakasi, Nairobi
Reports to:Managing Director/ Chief Executive Officer (MD/CEO)
- To provide support to MD/CEO by providing executivelevel administrative support
- Ensure the smooth running of the office, on a day-to-day basis
- Manage the MD/CEO calendar (planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel)
- Prepare meeting’s agenda and provide background information; Read documents, carry out research, compile and analyze relevant information; and draft letters, documents, presentations and other communications from the Managing Director in the appointments schedule Draft, take dictation, type correspondence and reports
- Coordinate document movement from the MD/CEO’s Office to relevant parties for appropriate action, follow up, and report on progress
- Maintain effective filing and record management system for MD/CEO’s Office and ensure safety security and confidentiality
- Attend to internal and external visitors to the MD/CEO’s Office
- Manage executive communication including taking calls, responding to emails and taking messages for the MD/CEO’s action
- Liaise with management, staff, board members, customers, government departments, and stake holders for effective and efficient communication and operations.
- Document & follow up on work required by the management team including updates & progress reports to facilitate business decisions.
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Optimizing administrative procedures (i.e. intra workstation communication, office supplies, office furniture, inventory control, transport logistics)
- Manage Office Kitchen and Cleaning Services, including supervision of staff in said areas
- Carry out workplace registration and licensing
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
- A minimum of two (2) years of related work experience
- Ability to design on administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures
- Must demonstrate commitment to operational effectiveness
- Should have ability to solve problems by applying relevant business knowledge
- Ability to carry out independent research and initiate official documents, reports, and presentations an added advantage
- Must have commendable skills in written and oral communication
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must have knowledge in use of MS office packages including advanced word, PowerPoint and excel
- Results driven: Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
- Well organized and flexible worker
How To Apply
If you meet the above requirements kindly forward applications to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration, by March 4th, 2019. Kindly site Ref. VAC04/02/19 as the email subject header.
PLEASE NOTE: Jambojet does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants are advised not to remit any funds to anyone purporting to facilitate employment in Jambojet.