Our client is a 4 Star hotel located within Nairobi. They seek to hire a mature and experienced person in the role of Executive Housekeeper.
The core duty of the housekeeper is to ensure that the cleaning team in all facilities is organized and carries their duties as planned, creating their work schedules and ensuring that cleaning and all housekeeping task is carried out effectively and to the desired standards as per the hotel SOPs.
- To ensure that all bedrooms and public rooms are serviced and cleaned daily
- To ensure that function rooms are cleaned as soon as they have been used to ensure a fast turnaround.
- To ensure that VIP rooms receive the designated extras.
- To ensure an adequate supply of clean linen in a good state of repair
- To ensure that rooms are checked regularly for repairs and refurbishing, and that appropriate maintenance is effected
- To ensure that staff are coached and trained to perform their duties effectively.
- To ensure that attendance registers are completed daily and in accordance with organization’s requirements.
- To draw up duty rosters and ensure that manning levels are correct, to agreed standards, and are not exceeded without permission.
- To ensure that adequate supplies of cleaning materials are available.
- To ensure that staff accommodation is kept clean and in a good state of repair.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel & Institution Management or any other related hospitality degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the same position in a busy hotel.
- Managerial experience will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are advised to send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us not later than 30th January, 2019. Please indicate “EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER” clearly on the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.