Exports Officer (Logistics) Jobs, Purchasing Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
Responsible for the administration and supervision of clearing and forwarding activities while ensuring that all company materials i.e. catering stores and spares are availed and delivered on time at optimum cost to maintenance areas to meet operational requirements of Kenya Airways and Third-party operators.
Ensuring full compliance with Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) requirements, Kenya Revenue Authority under East African Customs Management Act and relevant civil aviation regulations and Laws of Kenya. This involves handling of both Air freight at the JKIA and Sea freight at Inland Container Depot (ICD) for both imports and exports.
- Ensure all relevant documentation and pre-alerts are provided by the user desks to ensure smooth and fast export clearance of shipments.
- Ensure for all shipment types the process for export clearing is articulated and well understood by the team.
- Provide day to day support to the Aircraft on Ground (AOG) team to ensure to meet 1-day Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and normal export at 3 days.
- Keep contacts for all authorities who make decisions at the airport for customs to facilitate quick intervention to support team.
- Ensure all documentation for re-importation certificates where required are properly filed.
- Ensure on a daily basis the export tracker fully and correctly updated.
- Ensure all reports are fully updated and reflecting all details of Proof of Delivery (POD’s) to destination and ensure 100% correct information.
- Manage the team to ensure all Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are exceeded and met.
- Manage all bonds and ensure cancellation on time.
- Proactively engage to ensure all team perform to ensure efficiency on the chain. Tyres delivery for export. Catering delivery for export.
- Ensure all loan items are exported as (Aircraft on Ground) AOG to ensure costs are managed.
- Ensure items for repair and return are followed up for delivery.
- Ensure all IS / Marketing / other department items are dispatched as per request.
- Ensure relationship with Cargo is well developed with proper communication.
- Understand fully all flight schedule to provide all possible solutions for shipments and maintain database.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with customers, regulatory bodies and suppliers that results in timely delivery of spares and catering for customer satisfaction.
- Ensure AOG’s exports are dispatched within 1 day.
- Ensure normal export clearance is done in 4 days.
- Ensure all pre-alerts including documentation are sent to receiving agent or station upon shipment dispatch.
- Adhere to normal export clearance target of 4 days measured weekly.
- Update reports on daily basis
- Maintain costs for loan items at target 0.
- Business related or relevant degree.
- Minimum 5 years relevant with Clearing and Forwarding experience with 3 years at supervisory level.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management or equivalent from recognized institution.
- Knowledge of aircraft part airworthiness requirements.
- Dangerous Goods Handling.
- East African Customs Clearing & Forwarding Practicing Certificate.
- Ability to interpret aircraft materials documents (IPCs, CMMs).
How to Apply