Factory Maintenance Engineer Job at Alternate Doors
Our client is a manufacturing company based in Nakuru currently seeking to hire a Factory Maintenance Engineer.
Purpose of job
To manage the installation, modification and ongoing maintenance of a range of equipment used in the factory to ensure production and delivery of quality products.
Factory Maintenance Engineer Job Responsibilities
- To provide proactive (advice and preventative maintenance) and reactive (fault diagnosis and repair as required) support to maintenance for equipment in the factory.
- To manage the relationship with machine suppliers and their engineers to ensure equipment is operating effectively. This includes arranging supplier maintenance and repairs as and when needed.
- To establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition.
- To maintain a log of service, repair records and engineering change notes for all equipment, ensuring that manufacturer’s standards and recommendations are followed and that scheduled maintenance is carried out in a timely fashion.
- To support and maintain the register of assets, technical data and specifications for all equipment used in the factory.
- To provide written reports as required, including corrective actions taken and recommended preventative actions.
- To understand and work to the requirements set in processes and procedures within any Quality Management System.
- Follow work lists, log time accurately against works order operations, and proactively bring any issues to the attention of department manager.
- To check own work for accuracy and quality.
- Work co-operatively within your own team and across teams, ensuring business needs are met and providing support, advice and cover for tasks in order to maintain service levels
- To be responsible for controlling maintenance tools, spares and equipment.
- To adhere to Health and Safety Policies, and to raise any Health and Safety issues in a timely manner.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
Qualifications for the Factory Maintenance Engineer Job
- Specialist knowledge, skills and Experience
- BSc in Engineering or equivalent experience in mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Experience of maintaining, serving and repairing industrial machines in a factory environment.
- Experience of mechanics and electronics, including repair of industrial equipment including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Experience of dealing effectively with technical engineering enquiries.
- Multi-skilling in mechanical and electrical maintenance / repair issues.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to organize time effectively, create work schedules, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi task and provide information on a wide range of enquiries and an extensive product and service range.
- Communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively using both verbal and written skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels.
- Ability to develop positive and strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to take on department colleague’s points of view and work through to an agreed way forward in a positive manner.
How to Apply
All job applications can be made by sending an email of their CV to email@example.com with the subject of the email being the job they wish to apply for.