Finance & Administration Assistant Job at Concern Worldwide
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
The incumbent will be responsible for a variety of financial and administrative tasks and responsibilities that ensure the efficient and effective running of Marsabit Office programme support operations in compliance with Concern’s policies and procedures
Finance & Administration Assistant Job Responsibilities:
a. Petty Cash
- Issuing of cash in line with Concern’s procedures & policies.
- Recording all transactions on an excel cashbook on a daily basis.
- Filing all associated paperwork associated with such transactions.
- Ensure floats are cleared promptly
- Ensuring the cashbox is stored securely during cash hours.
- Ensuring cash is available in various suitable denominations.
- Conducting daily cash counts, reconciliation and reporting in case of any discrepancy
- Preparation of weekly cash counts for each currency at week-end reconciling cash balances to cashbook balances – ensuring all codes are fully input.
- Updating mpesa payments in the Mpesa book and Cashbook
- Receiving, printing, facilitating review and approvals, scanning and sending/emailing documents between field offices (Maikona, North Horr, Illeret & Moyale)
- Assist in photocopying & scanning of administration and finance documents
- Organizing staff and visitors’ accommodation in Marsabit and preparing payment requests for the same
- Monitoring of office supplies to ensure adequate supply and proper usage including field ordering and updating the stock card
- Warehouse/stores management including ensuring that the store /warehouse are kept clean and tidy
- Monitoring electricity consumption and loading units
- Responsible for office cleanliness and security by supervising the Office cleaner and Security Guards
Requirements for the Finance & Administration Assistant Job
- Professional certification ACCA/CPA level 2. A Diploma or Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Public Administration or relevant field will be an added advantage.
- At least one (1) years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of and competency in common finance/accounting and administration processes and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, planning and organization skills
- Ability to operate office equipment e.g. printer, scanner, photocopier, shredder etc.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Fluency in the local language is preferred.
- A proactive self-starter and achiever
How to Apply:
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and Cover Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Administration Assistant – Marsabit’. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 30th September 2018.
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.