An international organization is looking to fill the position of Finance & Administration Coordinator. This is a short-term staff position for duration of 3 months, with the possibility of extension subject to good performance and budget availability. The duty station is Nairobi Kenya.
Under the overall administrative authority of the Country Manager and the daily supervision by the Administrative and Finance Officer, the Finance and Administrative Coordinator will implement the administrative services such as accounting and budgeting, human resource related matters and supervision of use of office facilities and resources. He/she will carry out effective recording, control and management of resources, as well as the Office’s operational activities in line with our client’s policies and guidelines.
Budget preparation and implementation
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Officer in preparing the Country Office’s office administrative budget, following the schedule set by our client’s Budget Department, and taking into account the particular investment needs of the Office;
- Work with the Country Program Officer (CPO) to develop and capture the operations budget in the SAP system;
- Produce reports on the status of the budget as and when requested, and work together with the Country Manager to determine areas to and from which resources can be transferred;
- Report periodically on the status of budget implementation and propose realistic revisions;
- Advise the Country Manager and the CPO on the appropriate budget lines to use for different expenses of the office; and
- Work with the Budget Department to follow up on transfer of resources and also seek additional resources should the need arise.
Finance and Accounting
- Ensure each invoice is matched with a duly approved procurement processes;
- Accurately process payments to the appropriate vendors and follow up on approval of the payments with the Country Manager ;
- Upon approval by the Country Manager , follow up on the payment and advise the vendor once their payment is completed;
- Process staff per diem advances for all staff travelling on mission using budget, and follow up on the payments to the staff;
- Process travel claims for staff travelling on budget, per our client’s Travel Policy;
- Maintain the Petty Cash Book for the South Sudan Country Office;
- Generate Monthly Petty Cash Report as required by our client’s policies;
- Ensure all transactions are posted in the SAP System and monthly Reconciliation Report is done.
- Actively follow up and reconcile any differences between the General Ledger and the statement;
- Supplier Reconciliations – Ensure all suppliers are paid and our client’s accounts with the suppliers are up to date and fully reconciled;
- Post into the system all transactions related to funds sent to the Country Office for workshops and prepare a full and accurate account of these funds to the Head Office, as required; and
- Ensure that the Country Office’s Accounts have adequate funds to cover for the cash outflows and ensure timely replenishment of these accounts as required.
- Prepare annual procurement plan for the Country Office
- Establish a list of vendors that the Country Office can use on a regular basis for services and goods – Vendor Pre-Qualification;
- Initiate the procurement of goods and services for the South Sudan Country Office, working closely with the procurement team in Nairobi;
- With the assistance of the concerned Procurement Officer generate bidding documents for procurements initiated by the Country Office and follow up on their approvals;
- Under the leadership of the Finance and Administration Officer, launch advertisement and invitation for Bids to interested suppliers for procurement initiated by the Country Office;
Human Resources Management
- Process drivers’ overtime per tour client’s policies;
- Up-date and submit monthly reports on personnel management; and
- Assist the Finance and Administrative Officer to manage office staff benefits in accordance with our client’s Human Resources policy.
- Organize, supervise and monitor the activities of administrative staff and ensure appropriate training for the latter in order to obtain quality services;
- Ensure all administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff are obtained from the relevant authorities;
- Ensure proper filing of Country Office documentation ;
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and/or Finance; combined with membership of an internationally recognized professional accounting body (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA) with knowledge and experience in administrative; financial accounting and full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance;
- At least five years of relevant work experience, especially as an accounts payable accountant in a multilateral organization will be considered an advantage;
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software particularly, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Power Point, with particular attention to presentation, and analysis. Previous experience with SAP will be an advantage;
- Impeccable integrity, proper positive attitude towards challenges, passion and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
Apply here for the job https://sheerlogicltd.com/browse-jobs/