Director of Finance & Administration Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Finance Jobs, CPA Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu, County Government Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
Reporting to the Board Secretary, the officer will perform the following functions
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting within the Board.
- Provide technical support and guidance on the Finance, Risk Management and internal controls within the Board;
- Develop sound financial and accounting policies in line with Public Financial Management Act, 2012;
- Develop and execute financial and accounting management and control systems in line with the Public Finance Management Act, 2012;
- Coordinate and oversee the inventory management within the Board;
- Oversee and supervise the administrative function of the Board including reception, property/facility management, safety of the work environment, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations;
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Board Secretary;
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance Option);
- Possess CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Be a registered member of ICPAK with good standing;
- A Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance option will be an added advantage;
- Must have served for at least 10 years in the field of Finance management in the Public Service, 5 of which should have been at senior managerial level;
- Must have attended senior management courses including strategic leadership at a recognized institution;
- Must be able to work within tight timelines;
- Demonstrate conceptual, analytical, leadership and report writing skills;
- Must be committed to continuous learning and be results-oriented;
- Demonstrate initiative and a high degree of professional competence;
- Must be a highly motivated and self-driven individual;
- Proficient in computer applications;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya;
How to Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00 pm.
THE SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100,
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Note: The positions of County Secretary, Deputy County Secretary, Chief Officers and Directors will be on Contract for a period of three years renewable based on successful performance.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.