Our client is a charitable organization which began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
They are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the Finance Coordinator Position (1). Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will provide efficient, timely and accurate financial management information and expertise to enable timely management, decision-making and safeguard the company’s assets from loss arising from fraud or error.
- Manage projects financial records including updating Project books in QuickBooks e.g. Bank and petty cash books, ledgers and journals.
- Manage preparation, co-ordination and control of budget including budget forecasts and budget tracking.
- Manage cash flow projections and actual cash analysis.
- Ensure monthly bank reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Ensure monthly trial balances and final accounts are correctly done i.e. income and expenditure & balance sheet.
- Ensure that Finance staff maintain check and cash payment vouchers files.
- Take part in managing statutory deductions.
- Ensure monthly financial reports are compiled according to donor specifications.
- Oversee office petty cash management, i.e. receipts and disbursements.
- Ensure timely petty cash projections and daily cash count.
- Ensure that THE ORGANIZATON does not suffer any financial or material loss through fraud and error by ensuring that assets are safeguarded by closely monitoring and maintaining an adequate system of internal control.
- Ensure that the organizaton complies with all the legal, regulatory and audit requirements, including submitting relevant reports to the management.
- Ensure safekeeping of all unused check books.
- Take part in inventory checks and stock movement procedures.
- Take part in ensuring maintenance of programs Fixed Asset register.
- Ensure that Inventory Goods Received Notes are correctly received and signed.
- Review weekly and monthly programs inventory reporting and ensure that periodic programs related inventory counts are undertaken.
- Take part in mass issues of items from the inventory e.g. sanitary towels, mosquito nets, school uniforms and clothes to OVCs.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Executive Director, Trustees and management from time to time and which are related to the achievement of the organizaton’s mission and vision.
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- (The knowledge, skills and abilities may be required through a combination of formal schooling, self-education and prior experience or on-the-job-training).
- Level of education: At least a Bachelor’s degree in finance or other relevant disciplines. Must hold a professional qualification such as CPA, ACCA, CFA, or CA.
- Job experience: At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements please apply by either uploading or updating your CV Here under the ‘Accounting’ category.
Please Note: Due the large number of applications we get we are unable to contact all the applicants. If we haven’t contacted you in two weeks it means you application wasn’t successful. However, we will still retain your CV in our database and we will contact you if another suitable position comes up.