Finance Internships, Internships In Kenya, Finance Jobs, ACTED Jobs
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the position of a Finance Intern based in Nairobi Kenya.
The main objective of the Finance intern is to assist the ACTED Nairobi Finance department with their operational tasks. This translates to ensure a proper and clean documentation of every project conducted by ACTED.
The intern will be mostly in charge of the daily accounting management
- Reporting on the debt follow-up and contract follow-up to the finance Officer
- Collecting the information on cash disbursement for the Nairobi Office
- Assisting performing the petty cash management
- Assisting elaborating the cash book for Nairobi
- Assisting the Finance Officer in the monthly accounting through:
- Checking the finance documentation (expenses, advances….)
- Preparing the finance voucher
- Filling the voucher when necessary
- Assisting the Finance Officer in the monthly accounting through preparation of the reconciliation statement, scanning the end month’s documents, counter checking vouchers against the cashbook….
- Assist in consolidation of the V1 closure documents.
- Assist from time to time in reviewing field finance vouchers.
- Any other duty as may be requested by your supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
How To Apply
Qualified Kenyan Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 22nd August 2019 with the subject line “Finance Intern-Nairobi”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.