Head Office Finance Internship at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Ref Number: KNCHR/ADM/HRO/12/2018
Reports to: Head of Finance.
Location: Nairobi with occasional travel.
Duration: 1 Year.
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created by Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and under the United Nations Paris Principles.
The KNCHR invites applications from young, versatile, industrious, honest, self-driven, analytical, open-minded, readily available candidates to urgently fill the following positions.
Finance Internship Responsibilities
- To provide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds are assigned to the Commission where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical assignments thus giving them practical work and educational experience in the unique environment of the Commission.
- To expose interns to the work of the National Commission thereby giving them an in-depth understanding of the Commission’s mandate, objectives, opportunities and the challenges and; further to enable them gain practical knowledge of the Commission’s inner workings.
- To provide the Commission with the assistance of qualified students who have specialized in various research and academic disciplines related to different aspects of human rights hence affording it the services of highly qualified people to assist in programmes work thereby contributing substantively to the work of the Commission.
- To create active supporters and advocates of human rights and through their network, to raise awareness of the work and influence of the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights in the promotion and protection of human rights nationally and internationally.
- The KNCHR therefore invites applications from young, versatile, industrious, honest, self-driven, analytical, open-minded, readily available candidates to urgently fill the following internship positions.
- To work closely with Departmental head and staff in order to learn from the work of the Commission in various departments.
- Assist in Departmental Work plan implementation and assist in running and maintaining various Programmes in KNCHR.
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Departmental Officers.
Qualifications for the Finance Internship
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in Accounts, Finance or any other relevant field from a recognized institution. CPA will be an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills, with working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Tools.
- Must be able to work effectively and independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Proven research, writing and communication capability
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualities, please submit your application manually through the post office or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, and the Ref No. on both the cover letter and envelope, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees one of whom should be your immediate supervisor, to reach us by 17th September, 2018 to:
The Commission Secretary
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor
P. O. Box 74359 – 00200
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer and qualified female candidates and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.