KIMC GRADE 11
- Providing of advisory services on all financial and accounting matters;
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation financial regulations and procedures, treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal control established through normal treasury regulations and procedures;
- Providing of quality and timely accounting services in the accounting unit;
- Maintaining of accurate accounting records and preparation of management and statutory financial reports;
- Participating and advising in all institutional committees especially tender, planning, audit, training, e.t.c;
- Maintaining an inventory on all bank accounts of the institute and their approved signatories;
- Authorizing payments, sign cheques, and identify suitable cheques signatories and set limits as appropriate;
- Attending Public Accounts Committee hearing;
- Safe guarding Institute Assets and records in the accounting unit; and
- Supervising training, development and deployment of accounts staff.
- Served in the grade of chief accountant, or in a comparable position in the public service or private sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Master’s degree in the following disciplines: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Passed part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) examination or its recognized equivalent; Certificate in Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme Lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registrations if Accountants Board (RAB); and
- Shown merit, integrity and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for this position will range from Kshs.81,387/= to 123,731/= per month exclusive of allowances.
How to Apply
In addition, candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA),
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC),
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and
- Provide Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting job reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
The Director/ CEO
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 1st March, 2019.
KIMC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, candidates from marginalized groups and persons with disability to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted