Grade MNT 15
Applicants for the position of Chief Finance Officer, Grade MNT 15 MUST be holders of the following qualifications and relevant work experience as indicated below:-
- Served in the grade of Deputy Chief Finance Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option); or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA (K)) Examination or Part III of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK), Institute of Internal Auditors or any other recognized professional body;
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated merit professional competence and managerial skills as reflected in work performance and results.
- Developing, implementing, and ensuring internal financial and accounting policies and procedures in order to safeguard the University’s assets;
- Developing resource mobilization strategies in line with the university’s mandate in order to improve the financial base of the university;
- Providing leadership to the university’s finance and accounting strategy, to optimize the university’s financial performance and strategic position;
- Providing leadership in the development and implementation of the university’s budget to ensure optimal allocation of resources in the implementation of the strategic plan;
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation;
- Overseeing management of university’s revenues and expenditure;
- Monitoring and ensuring timely preparation of management and statutory financial reports;
- Reviewing and investigating losses including making recommendations for write-offs requested by the University;
- Ensuring adherence to financial regulations, standards, circulars, and procedures, letters and instructions;
- Ensuring safe custody of University assets and records;
- Planning, organizing, coordinating and administration of all accounting activities;
- Maintaining an inventory of all university bank accounts;
- Ensuring prudent management of university funds;
- Facilitating responses to audit queries; and
- Mentoring and coaching staff in the department.
The above positions carry competitive remuneration packages which include among others, basic salary, medical cover, house, transport and leave allowances.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials. They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Certificate of Good Conduct
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of who must be a recent/last employer. The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below.
Applicants should fill the summary sheet attached in MS Word and send it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MMU is an equal opportunity employer thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Applications quoting the respective reference numbers on the envelope, should reach the undersigned on or before Tuesday, 30th April, 2019.
Multimedia University of Kenya
P.O. Box 15653 – 00503
NAIROBI – KENYA
E-mail address: email@example.com