Finance & Admin Manager Job at Corporate Staffing Services
Our Client is a medium sized company based in Nairobi that imports and distributes a wide range of pesticides to farmers and farms in Kenya. They seek to hire a mature and competent candidate to fill the post of Finance & Admin Manager.He/She will be tasked with developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely generation of financial reports as well as assist in running of general office operations.
Salary: 180 – 250K
Finance & Admin Manager Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that policies and procedures (internal controls) are reasonably in place and strictly followed to safeguard Company assets.
- Oversee the general accounting function that includes inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial analysis and reporting and balance sheet management.
- Responsible for overall financial planning and management including cash flow, creditors and debtors.
- Assist in budget preparation and management activities and ensure all expenses are within assigned budget
- Ensure that employees’ monthly statutory and other deductions (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, HELB loan, Sacco remittance) are remitted to authorized bodies in the time frame required and records maintained.
- Supporting the Directors with projects and tasks when required.
- In consultation with the Director, liaise with the bankers for settlement of discrepancies and clarification of entries made in the bank account statements.
- Liaise with insurance broker to ensure prompt payment of insurance claims and any other matter related to the insurance policy.
- Manage the preparation of financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc. as required and ensure data integrity in all financial reporting.
- In liaison with the external auditor ensure that the reporting of annual accounts is per the legal requirement in regards to depreciation, dividends and taxation.
- Take the lead in designing, implementation and review of the company’s credit control procedures as well as develop and implement enhancements.
- Assist in staff monitoring, appraisal, motivation and reward, disciplinary measures and initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Carry out cost and business performance analysis of Company staff against targets on quarterly basis and/or as directed by the Director with an aim of identifying cost burden(s) for improvement and exemplary performance for motivation.
- Provide guidance and training on financial matters to staff to ensure adequate understanding of the Company business goals and objectives.
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Manager job
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study.
- CPA K holder
- At least 5 – 7 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Good leadership skills with demonstrable ability to lead teams and oversee running of general office operations.
- Deep professional knowledge of finance and accounting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess high sense of integrity and confidentiality
How to Apply