Reporting to the Head of Financial Accounting the job holder is responsible for supervising the overall bookkeeping tasks, payroll, general ledger and assets management sections and signing off officially authorized cheques for payment
- Signing cheques for creditor, pensioners and staff
- Preparing periodic (monthly/annual) accounts
- Dealing with internal auditors, external auditors and the public investment committee with regards to all audit queries
- Ensuring specialized advice and support to management on matters
- Posting of journal documents.
- Reconciliation of General Ledger Accounts.
- Maintenance of records.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors and a Master’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting Option) or any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Be a Certified Public Accountant CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized professional body.
- Be a valid member of the Institute of Chartered of Certified Public Accountant (ICPAK) or any other internationally recognized accounting body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in financial accounting with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.