Our client, Brown’s Food Company, is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and the Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt.
They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
The company is seeking to recruit a highly talented individual to fill in the following position:
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial management by monitoring current expenditures and operating costs; preparing annual budgets; and advising the management on the financial decisions to make in line with the strategic plan of the organization.
This position will be based in Tigoni, Kiambu County.
- Ensuring optimal application of resources to support operations.
- Driving the strategic plan and periodically report to all stakeholders on progress.
- Preparing and finalizing the annual budget and quarterly performance reports, as needed.
- Developing and monitoring the capital budget with the Director, ensuring the fixed asset register is updated and managed on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that all board reports are submitted accurately and within the appropriate timelines.
- Providing regular forecasts for planning purposes.
- Evaluating the various revenue channels, advising on risk and areas in which operational efficiencies can be attained.
- Monitoring and controlling current expenditures to ensure that expenditures remain within available funding and approved budgets.
- Ensuring adherence and due process of procurement and inventory management systems.
- Analyzing actual operating costs and prepare changes to the costing framework
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Assisting in the cash flow projections for the company for the year based on the strategic plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Economics or equivalent qualification.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Financial Management, with a proven track record.
- Registration with a professional body is preferred – ACCA, CPAK, ICPAK, CIFA
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence decisions at an executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Integrity and superior communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, and one or more accounting systems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage change for oneself and for others.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject FINANCIAL ANALYST by 12th April 2019 COB stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.