Our client is looking to hire a fleet supervisor who will be responsible for providing management and supervision for the day to day operation of the fleet maintenance function, including scheduling vehicles for repairs and service, and monitoring the activities of assigned personnel.
- Manages the fleet, fleet maintenance shop and parts sections, while providing administrative assistance to the Finance and Administration Manager in a variety of administrative functions, including management of operational programs;
- Manages the daily assigning of work and ensuring the completion of tasks and reviews completed work for completeness and accuracy;
- Schedules vehicles for repairs and service and prepares both written and oral reports on a schedule (daily, weekly & monthly) and upon request;
- Makes procedural and operational recommendations to the Directors, and supervises changes in organization and administrative operation of the site as directed;
- Assists in the development and implementation of employee training, site safety program and the equipment inventory procedures;
- Provides inputs for purchasing of new vehicles/equipment, and site tools and equipment and coordinates outside repairs with vendors and monitors progress;
- Remains available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours;
- Obtain estimates on accident vehicles, checks in new vehicles, audits parts to obtain status of items ordered and in stock. Coordinates the disposal of all company vehicles/equipment deemed in excess; and
- Supervising work of a relatively small number of employees (two or more), with no direct supervision.
- Control transfer and movement of vehicles between project locations as required by operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics,Business, Engineering or relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Should have at least 3 years’ sales experience in a supervisory capacity over a skilled mechanics staff servicing a moderate to large scale fleet; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must possess a valid class BCE driving License;
- Strong business acumen;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be self- motivated and be ready to work with minimum supervision; and
- Be a team player.
Salary: Ksh 35,000- 40,000
How to Apply
If you meet the said qualification send your application to email@example.com or register and apply at www.ideon.co.ke/careers