Our client, Brown’s Food Company, is the umbrella brand for Brown’s Cheese, Delia’s Ice Cream and The Cracker Shack. They make a range of high-quality natural cheeses, fast moving commodities e.g. cheddar and mozzarella as well as butter and yoghurt. They sell the products in Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda and South Sudan.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Floor Supervisor will be responsible for monitoring and organizing production workflow as well as ensuring all the products conform to the set standards.
- Ensuring proper operation of the factory tools and equipment
- Providing manufacturing information by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data
- Issuing and ensuring personnel are in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as well as tools as necessary
- Coordinating production planning to ensure that products are supplied quickly and efficiently as per customer demand
- Ensuring product make sheets are followed to the latter and scheduling and monitoring production shifts
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment at all times by educating and directing personnel
- Monitoring the post handling of products to ensure conformity to standards
- Maintaining safe and clean work environment by training staff on proper use of equipment
- Ensuring employees understand and comply with all SOP’s and food safety guidelines
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in any relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position in food processing industry
- Excellent ability for planning, development and operations
- Excellent report writing skills, communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Proven team leadership skills
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees with the subject FLOOR/SHIFT SUPERVISOR by COB 25th January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.