FMCG Sales Manager Jobs, Jobs In Mombasa, Sales & Marketing Jobs, Sales Manager Jobs, Corporate Staffing Jobs
Our client is a local dairy company looking to hire a Sales Manager in Mombasa who will further develop and implement new initiatives while improving sales performance as well as drive faster sales growth.
Title: FMCG Sales Manager – Mombasa
Gross salary: Competitive
He/ She will report to the CEO. Initially, they will have a team of two supervisors reporting to them, but this number will increase as the organization grows. To succeed in this role, they will need to be visible at every level of the sales department and lead by example. This will require a lot of engagement with Sales Depot staff and great communication and collaboration with the Sales Supervisors.
This is a hands-on role where interaction and engagement with sales staff will be vital in driving good performance. Contributing to sales growth, brand consistency on the ground, and driving a culture of urgency amongst the sales staff will also be important measures of success.
Sales Development and Projects: Help drive overall company performance
- Drive Sales depot activation by organizing efforts around identifying new stores and converting them into Social Bites Sales depots.
- Oversee opening and launching of new Sales Depots through the supervisor in charge.
- Ensure effective onboarding of new sales staff in such a way that the time take for new depots register strong results is reduced.
- Ensure proper implementation and adherence to processes at the new Sales Depots. Emphasize a keen “attention to detail” and accuracy with regards to the implementation of these processes.
- Drive performance with an eye on sales data and KPIs of sales staff.
- Plan and organize time effective sales staff meetings where clear outputs and actions are well defined.
- Drive new sales projects relating to marketing and CSR activities
- Drive initiatives to improve sales procedures, e.g. roll-out of technology.
- Participate in management meetings.
Drive corporate relations through strong engagement with external stakeholders
- Map out and analyze external stakeholders in the local environment, including relevant government actors.
- Based on stakeholder analysis, develop strategic partnerships with local stakeholders as a way to promote the company’s CSR activities and create buy-in amongst a wide range of authorities and partners around the organizations initiatives (nutrition, garbage management, employment).
- Develop and confidently pitch new initiatives to relevant external stakeholders. Drive the implementation of such initiatives and activities.
- Manage relationships with existing key stakeholders in the local sales environment.
- Lead the planning and execution of marketing or CSR events with the sales team.
Drive engagement and motivation of our sales force as we rapidly grow
- Drive the adoption of the company’s values and vision amongst the sales team by constantly communicating them when interacting with staff.
- Motivate the sales team through leading by example. Act in accordance with the company’s values of openness, collaboration, performance and urgency in order to create a culture that fosters participation and a sense of belonging.
- Capture learnings from the field, observe trends and raise challenges and opportunities to the larger team. Structure learnings in order to find solutions that can work better.
- Visit Sales Depots and ensure face to face engagement with sales staff happens as often as possible. Through the engagement build their skills so they can become leaders themselves
- Cultivate a community of learning by engaging with staff and create opportunities for staff to share learnings amongst each other.
- Identify the skills and knowledge gaps of the sales force and address them on the spot wherever possible. Such gaps can relate to leadership skills that are required to manage a Vendor fleet from a Sales Depot. Collaborate with the sales supervisors to prepare and deliver relevant trainings that address these gaps across the entire sales team.
- Capture and share insights from the market through regular engagement with vendors and consumers.
- Organize and oversee marketing related events, and coordinate with the rest of the team.
- Possess 8+ years of total work experience, with at least 4 years of sales management experience in the FMCG sector.
- Sales experience in the general trade and informal sales sector is an added advantage (dukas, street vendors, informal shops etc.).
- Strong planning skills with experience setting and tracking monthly sales goals, and forecasting future departmental needs.
- Experience in project planning and management, and have been able to implement multiple activities (events, initiatives, trainings) concurrently.
- As a current / former manager or senior supervisor in your department, you have a good track record of coaching and developing people to reach difficult goals.
- A team player who leads by example and excels at listening and building trust and long – lasting relationships within teams and with external stakeholders.
- Excited about engaging with external stakeholders to build the business, including government representatives, and willing to learn to do so successfully. Understand how to build and leverage relationships to get results.
- Past experience and knowledge in addressing a wide range of performance issues in individuals and teams.
- Knowledgeable on sales outside Nairobi, and has past results in adapting to and getting results in new environments.
- A good understanding of the business environment, culture and communities in Mombasa is an added advantage.
- A dynamic person who is excited to learn and pick up new skills in an evolving start-up environment.
- Good command of spoken Swahili.
- Good interpersonal skills and are a great motivator.
- Energized by interacting with people and spending a lot of time in the field and outdoors.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and help out wherever needed to solve arising problems and harness business opportunities.
- Results driven as well as an understanding that the process of achieving results is equally important. Knowledge and understanding that developing people with an emphasis on driving a culture where processes play an important role is critical because the company can only grow as fast as people can learn together.
- Bachelor degree in sales and marketing.
- Willingness to work and live in Mombasa with occasional travel to Nairobi and Kisumu.