Forest Conservation Secretary Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale Ksh.166,780 – Ksh.322,040 (CSG 4)
- a minimum service period of eighteen (18) years in the field of environment and natural resources and currently serving in the grade of Deputy Director, CSG 6 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Science, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: Environmental Science, Forestry, Natural Resource Management or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from recognized institution;
- demonstrated expertise and experience in environmental, natural resources and related sectoral policies in national development agenda; and
- demonstrated professional competence, high integrity and leadership capability in work performance and results.
- providing leadership and coordinating review, formulation, development and interpretation of forestry policies and legislations and monitoring implementation;
- developing and coordinating strategic initiatives, projects and programmes in the forests sector for achievement of Vision 2030 targets on increasing forest cover;
- providing leadership in developing and coordinating monitoring implementation of policies, guidelines and proposals on response to climate change adaptation and mitigation measures at the national and international levels;
- coordinating regulatory functions, setting national and county standards, rules, guidelines as required by policies and legislation in the sector;
- developing a sector-wide approach framework for mobilizing resources under comprehensive public-private-partnerships for supporting coordination of forest reforms and development;
- developing and coordinating the linakages among the National and County governments, SAGAs and all other stakeholders, including review and approval of agreements with National land Commission and stakeholders on management of forests resources on public, community and private lands;
- developing bi-annul National Status reports on Management and Conservation of forests for presentation to Parliament;
- identifying and advising the Cabinet Secretary and the Principal Secretary on Forest development matters and bottlenecks that constrain the smooth implementation of forestry policies and legislations; and
- developing and implementing linkages with regional and international organizations and stating government positions on forestry policies in the management boards and institutions.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019