Forester Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, Nyeri County Jobs
JOB GROUP ‘K’
Reporting to the Director – Environment and Natural Resources.
Coordinate devolved forestry activities in the county including:
- Conservation, rehabilitation and monitoring of ecological health of county forests.
- All forest field operations /forest extension services.
- Development and maintenance of forest infrastructure.
- Liaison with KFS and KEFRI on forestry regulations.
- Tree planting and tree growing in the county including establishment of tree nurseries
- Maintenance of data on county tree and forest cover.
- vii)Organisation of sensitization and awareness creation meetings, as well as development of training materials for forest related activities in the county.
- Supporting communities to establish nature-based enterprises.
- Development of policies and regulations to guide county forestry.
- Establishment of management plans for county forest lands and resources.
- Planning and directing forest mapping, survey and related studies, preparing reports and recommendations
- Handling emerging forestry issues including climate change, green energy, carbon traders and eco-tourism
- Any other duties as may be assigned
The candidate must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Environmental Studies, Ecological Studies or Agricultural Extension or any other qualification from a university recognized in Kenya
- Demonstrate computer proficiency.
- Be a member of and in good standing with Forest Society of Kenya.
- Possess a certificate of good conduct
- Possess a tax compliance certificate
- Demonstrated passion for environmental conservation will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Duly filled Employment Form together with the required documents should be sent or hand delivered to:
NYERI COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD,
KARSON’S PHOTO HOUSE KIMATHI STREET
P.O BOX 90-10100,
CELLPHONE: 0745342000 / 07339770039
The applications should be received on or before 20th September 2019.