The Aga Khan Education Service, Kenya (AKESK) operates 11 schools in various cities in Kenya and provides nursery to Senior Secondary Education in both the national and international curricula.
It is part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of private development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people of all faiths and origins in specific regions of the developing world.
The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi, Senior School
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi is an IB World School that offers a holistic programme of education for students in Grades 6-13, combining a rigorous academic focus with a broad range of sporting and enrichment activities for students.
The School offers the IB Middle Years Programme of studies for students in Grades 6-11, leading to the pre-university programme of IB Diploma studies in Grades 12 and 13.
The Academy welcomes applications from dedicated and enthusiastic, professional educators for the following positions:
The teachers will report to the Head of school and work closely with colleagues to deliver high quality and vibrant lessons that enable all students reach their individual potentialities in a safe atmosphere, imbued with high expectations; and accurately assess, and report that ability in line with the IB Curriculum.
- Collaboratively plan units of study designed for maximizing learning for all students
- Deliver differentiated and inquiry-based lessons in a friendly and accommodating atmosphere
- Create a safe and conducive environment in which the students can learn and thrive
- Use varied assessment styles, including formative and summative assessment
- Engage parents regularly and effectively in the education of their children
- Communicate clearly the understanding of both the ability and developmental potential of each student.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge, and ability to break the knowledge down to enable understanding for the learners
- Demonstrate an experience of high professional values and practices, a personal commitment to sharing responsibility in fulfilling the vision and philosophy of the Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (B.Ed.) in the respective fields
- Teaching experience, especially in the IB programmes or another International Curriculum of Education.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send an application letter, CV, copies of their certificates and testimonials demonstrating how their experience fits the position to email@example.com, so as to be received by November 16, 2018
NB. As a growing IB School, we are always looking for good teachers in all subjects and strive to keep an updated database of CVs.