General Manager Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
- Coordinating the operations and administrative functions of the Department;
- Developing policies and programmes for the Department;
- Managing funds and property allocated/assigned to the Department;
- Managing and developing staff within the Department;
- Developing operations plans and programmes for achieving the Department’s objectives in line with the Corporation’s objectives;
- Co-operating with lead agencies and organizations locally and globally in the Railway Sub-sector;
- Developing economic, efficient and cost effective internal management structure for the Department;
- Formulating, implementing and reviewing the Strategic Plan, Business Plan and Annual Plan (including budgeting) of the Department;
- Ensuring implementation and fulfilment of the Department’s policies and agreed objectives; performance targets and service standards in line with those of the Corporation;
- Providing advice as required on all matters within the Department’s mandate;
- Overall responsibility for implementation of the Department’s strategic objectives; and
- Overall in-charge of training and developing of staff within the department.
- Masters Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical/Telecommunication Engineering/Business administration, project management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registered by Engineers Board of Kenya as a Professional Engineer with a minimum post registration experience of ten (10) years.
- Valid Practising Licence from the Engineers Board of Kenya.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in relevant work and at least five (5) years in a management role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Certificate in Project Management.
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills
- Membership of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer