General Manager Jobs, Audit Jobs, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
The General Manager Internal Audit will functionally be responsible to the Board of Directors and administratively to the Managing Director for the provision of independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Corporation’s operations.
- Guide Management and the Audit Committee of the Board in its oversight of Audit through regular Audits & reports; recommend and implement improvements to ensure appropriate control environment for risk exposures is minimized or removed.
- Leading the development and implementation of an internal risk based audit strategy and annual plan for the Corporation;
- Planning and undertaking audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations;
- Driving operational improvements throughout the organization to improve overall efficiencies and enhance internal controls;
- Periodically review internal Audit Charter and Audit Committee Charter in line with the changes in the internal Audit profession and Government guidelines
- Review the process of identification, Assessment and management of enterprise risks.
- Promoting the highest standards of ethics and standards across the Corporation, based on the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality;
- Ensuring due diligence in the management of the Corporation’s affairs.
- Review and report to the audit committee on actions taken by management to correct conditions reported by audit findings. Determines whether actions taken are appropriate for the circumstances or initiate further discussions with appropriate management and staff.
- Recommend and implement adoption of new professional standards, codes of practice & policies, legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and audit methodology.
- Provide an independent view during implementation of new projects, processes and systems to ensure their quality and compliance with the corporation’s policies and procedures.
- Build internal capability through periodic training to promote awareness on internal controls and compliance.
- Advise on appointment of external audit firms and outsourced independent assurance services.
- Secretary to the Audit Committee of the Board
- Leading, motivating and developing the departmental staff to achieve
- Approving the Departmental budgets
- Leading, motivating and developing the departmental staff to achieve business and people objectives
- Leading the Division’s communication
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineering Statistics, Economics or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum twelve (12) years’ experience in relevant work at least five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position in the Public Service or in reputable organization.
- Certified Public Accountants (K), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
- Systems Auditor (CISA), Association of Certified Chartered Accountant.
- Certification in CISA, CIA, Risk Qualification, CFE or any other relevant.
- Current Membership to to a professional body – Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya).
- Valid Practising Certificate where applicable
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer