General Manager Job at Reeds Africa Consult
Our client a leading company dealing with manufacturing and distribution of Electrical products in East Africa is looking to hire a General Manager.
They are seeking highly motivated personnel, to provide overall leadership to head of departments and implementing company growth strategy. He will be reporting to the company CEO.
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develops, reviews, updates and implements business strategic planning, including sales, financial performance and new product development.
- Maintain a positive and ethical work climate that attracts and retains a diverse and highly engaged workforce
- Lead the business to deliver the Brand promise/ Customer Value proposition
- Align all business operations to strategy and act as a sounding board for all Functional Heads
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Ensure the Company is appropriately organized and staffed and to have the authority to hire and terminate staff as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Represent the company’s’ Brand competitively and protect the company’s reputation in the market.
- Develop a strong network of clients, relationships with suppliers, government agencies, financial institutions etc.
- Assess the principal risks of the Company and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed.
- Ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
- Ensure that the Company has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically.
- Ensure that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business.
Qualifications for the General Manager Job
- Degree in Business management or a related course.
- Minimum of 6 – 10 years of experience in a similar role especially in manufacturing.
- A masters degree is an added advantage
- Proven entrepreneurial, people management and relationship management skills
- High energy and perseverance with tenacity
- Must demonstrate strong business acumen & commercial awareness
- Ability to manage large and complex operations.
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 30th September 2018 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted