General Manager Jobs, Research, Planning, Compliance & ICT Jobs, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
The General Manager Research, Planning, Compliance and ICT is responsible to the Managing Director for ensuring that the Corporation adopts and implements effective strategies for Strategy & Economic Planning, Quality Assurance, Corporate communications, research and Innovation as well as ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements. It is the senior most position in the function.
- Reviewing the Corporation’s Strategic Plan;
- Coordinating economic studies as part of the rail design and tender documentation process;
- Coordinating economic reviews of the rail projects;
- Providing technical and advisory support to rail sector stakeholders;
- Building capacity for economic analysis related to transport;
- Coordinating formulation of policies, strategies, procedures and systems for identifying alternative sources of revenue in the Corporation;
- Reviewing potential business proposals and making recommendations for investment;
- Coordinating negotiations for contracts for alternative revenue sources;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of local and international resource mobilization strategies;
- Coordinating facilitation and identification of funding bases and fundraising partners;
- Coordinating and leading implementation of income generation activities;
- Coordinating the identification of the right business strategy mix for resource mobilization; and
- Preparing Terms of Reference for Economic Surveys and facilitating implementation of related recommendations;
- Establishing and maintaining linkages with Consultants and other Stakeholders on economic matters;
- Coordinating the preparation of annual plans for the Corporation and realigning it to the budget;
- Coordinating economic analysis of investments, programmes and projects;
- Coordinating the implementation of the Corporation’s plans and performance contract;
- Coordinating the preparation of annual work programmes and budgets for rail planning and development; and
- Providing technical and advisory support to rail sector stakeholders; and
- Supervising officers in the Department.
- Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience in relevant work and at least five (5) years in a senior management position
- Current Membership to a relevant professional body / institution where applicable;
- Valid Practising Certificate where applicable
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer