General Manager Jobs, Supply Chain Management Jobs, Kenya Railways Corporation Jobs
The General Manager Supply Chain Management is responsible to the Managing Director for interpretation and application of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Law and oversees the Corporation’s Supply Chain processes in procurement, stores/inventory management and contract management.
- Leading in Formulating & developing policies, plans and strategies in the areas of supply chain; including risk management and contractor performance measurement plans.
- Ensuring the procurement and asset disposal processes are carried out in compliance with the procurement and asset disposal Law.
- Ensuring development and review of the annual procurement and asset disposal plans in line with the Law and monitoring their implementation.
- Providing procurement professional opinion to the MD on all procurement contracts for goods, works, services and consultancies
- Providing professional advice to the Corporation as required in relation to procurement and asset disposal processes.
- Ensuring development and implementing the Supply Chain Strategy and reporting in line with policies, processes & procedures.
- Overseeing the management of inventory, stores and assets in compliance with the guidelines issued by the Corporation and the National Treasury
- Ensuring development and maintaining an information communication technology inventory management system which shall comply with the Law.
- Ensuring preparation of statutory and administrative procurement and asset disposal reports as required by the Corporation and other Government bodies, and the Corporation.
- Monitoring Contract management to ensure conformity with the contract terms and conditions of contract, and reports to the MD on any significant departures from the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Leading in capacity building programs in the Corporation in Supply Chain in order to ensure compliance of the procurement Law and the Corporation’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring development and management supply chain, capability and culture that reflect the values which facilitates performance, professionalism and initiative by staff throughout the Corporation ;
- Ensuring that procurement and asset disposal records and data are maintained in accordance with the Law.
- Masters Degree in any of the following:- Business Administration, Economics, Procurement and Supplies Management or other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following:- Procurement and Supplies Management, Procurement and Logistics, Commerce, Business Administration (Supplies Management Option), Economics or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution.
- Twelve (12) years of work experience five (5) of which should be in senior management position
- Professional Post graduate qualification
- Certificate in Management/Leadership skills
- Current membership to a professional body either KISM or CIPS or both.
- Valid Practising Certificate where applicable
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Meets the provision of chapter six of the Constitution
Terms of Offer
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and responsibilities of the position will be negotiated with the right candidate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates MUST complete the Kenya Railways application form (KR/HRA/KEA/FM08), attach their testimonials, certificates and National Identification Card (ID) and Curriculum Vitae (CV).
In compliance with the Chapter Six of the Constitution, attach the following clearance Certificates:
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications to be addressed to the:
Kenya Railways Corporation
P.O. Box 30121, 00100,
To be received by Friday, 31st May, 2019.
Note: Only the short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kenya Railways is an equal opportunity Employer