- Have a Bachelor degree of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MB:Ch.B) or its equivalent from University of Nairobi or recognized university
- Have a Master’s degree in the area of specialization General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Neurosurgery, Paediatric Surgery, Reconstruction Surgery, Nephrology, Internal Medicine, critical care medicine, Paediatric Cardiology, Paediatrics
- Diploma/Fellowship in the area of specialization orthoplasty/orthoscopy, cardiac Anaesthesia for the post of medical specialist in orthopaedic surgeon and Anaesthesiologist will be an added advantage.
- Applicants with Master’s degree in General Surgery, Paediatrics and in other specialities must have a Diploma /Fellowship in the area of speciality.
- Be registered by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Be registered as a consultant by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Have obtained relevant and approved specialization/qualification in his/her field from recognized university
- Have demonstrated administrative capabilities and an acceptable degree of professional competence
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the clinical and /or surgical procedures, patient care procedures, medical protocols and testing procedures
- Have knowledge of the use of the modern technology in the area of specialization
- Have analytical ability to evaluate and determine health status of patient and implement proper care plan
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work under pressure
- Be Team builder and a player
- Exhibit high level of integrity, honesty, leadership transparency and accountability in the performance of duties.
- Must fulfil the provisions of chapter six(6)
As a medical specialist will be responsible to the chief administrator in the performance of your duties and responsibilities. The specific duties will entails the following:
- Be part of team of surgeons within Department of surgery and reporting to the Head of Department and Chief Administrator
- Be involved in clinical management of patients including emergency care and procedures, elective procedures, outpatient clinics and inpatient management as per duty allocation/Roster
- Provision of health services in various discipline in medicine and in the area of specialization in a sub-county hospital or Coast Provincial general Hospital.
- Provision of professional guidance and training of doctors, dentists, and health personnel working under him to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of health care in the hospital.
- Application of the principles and procedures of the modern medicine in preventing, Diagnosing, caring for and treating illness, injury using specialized testing, and diagnostic, medical and psychological techniques.
- Supervision of the implementation of the care and treatment plans by other medical personnel.
- Conducting education and research activities
- Ensure effective work planning, performance management and professional development
- Setting of standards and ensuring they are enforced
- Ensure staff continuing medical education
- Participate in the teaching , training of medical officers, interns, registrars clinical officers and other staff in the department
- Ensure proper handling of patients, proper record keeping and detailed examinations, Diagnosis, clerking and management of patient.
- Ensure proper procedure in referring patients
- Be involved and participate in institutional agenda on quality and best practice and any other responsibilities allocated by the Chief Administrator
How to Apply
Not Getting Job Interviews? Get A Professional CV Now. Click Here For Details