Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH.
In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya.
In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and we work through partne rs in many other parts of the country.
The purpose of the Global Assurance team is to provide the Chief Executive and the Board of Trustees, through the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) with an independent and objective assessment of the risk, control and governance arrangements in place at Save the Children International (SCI).
The individual will be a part of the Global Assurance team working closely with the Director and other members of the team to embed data analytics into audit scoping, testing and reporting. The role will also require collaboration with other SCI departments as part of the ‘Assurance Loop’.
In the event of a significant or major event, the post-holder may be expected to work outside the normal job description and be able to vary working hours accordingly. The post-holder may also be required to get involved in special projects within Global Assurance as appropriate.
Contract Duration: 3 Months (with option to extend to 6 Months)
- Must be recent graduate with first degree from reputable university.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and MS Office Products (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Forms).
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or experience in data analysis tools and techniques using MS Excel, IDEA and SQL. This will include some knowledge in summarizing and presenting complex data.
- Having excellent proficiency in spoken and written English with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Good communication skills, ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
How to Apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.