FIDA Kenya is a non-profit, non -partisan Organization committed to a society that respects and upholds women’s rights through the provision of legal aid, mediation services, women’s rights monitoring, advocacy, education and awareness creation.
FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Report to: The Deputy Executive Director and Head of Programmes.
- To develop and implement a sustainable fundraising strategy for FIDA Kenya, ensuring it supports and contributes to the FIDA Kenya Sustainability Plan and Strategic Plan.
- Set and achieve fundraising targets, agreed in consultation with the Executive Director.
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including corporates, events, foundations, developmental organizations and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities.
- Create and activate a calendar of events geared towards fundraising and donor stewardship.
- Working closely with the Management and Programme Team to produce timely and quality funding proposals in accordance with the terms of grants.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to prepare fundraising budgets.
- Carry out prospect research and develop a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information as well as handling all administrative aspects of fundraising.
- Managing the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors’ expectations.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with funders, donors and sponsors, keeping accurate and up-to-date records of all communication and applying robust account management.
- Report to the Board Resource Mobilization Committee on a quarterly basis of progress to-date of specific fundraising activities and income targets.
- Attending relevant fundraising forums and groups.
- Remain abreast of fundraising standards, trends and best practice, taking responsibility for maintaining own learning and attending training as required.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, International Development, or Anthropology.
- MUST have at least 3 years’ experience in fundraising with a strong track record of securing funding for NGO activities from a variety of funding streams.
- Experience of developing and delivering fundraising strategies.
- Experience in participatory proposal development processes.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Donor knowledge.
- Proposal writing.
- Budgeting principles.
- Experience in strategic planning and leading a successful fundraising campaign.
- Superior writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of key issues in women empowerments.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with an updated Curriculum Vitae, including three referees one of whom must be a former Supervisor, also stating expected salary, and daytime contact, addressed to the undersigned to be received by 5.00 pm on 18th January 2019.
Send the email to:
The Executive Director,
Amboseli road, off Gitanga Road,
P.O. Box 46324-00100,
Only email applications will be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.