Graphic Designer Consultant Jobs, Graphic Design Jobs, APHRC Jobs
GRAPHIC DESIGNER CONSULTANT
African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international
research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, and engaged in multidisciplinary, policy-relevant research. APHRC actively engages policymakers and other key stakeholders to help ensure decision-making across the continent is informed by rigorous evidence-based research. The Immunization Advocacy Initiative (IAI) is a five-year project led by the Center, predicated on the fact that the power of civil society can be harnessed, strengthened and focused to be an effective champion of increased domestic allocation of resources to ensure that all people have access to quality immunization services as key to primary health care. Improved capacity for advocacy; knowledge of national budgeting processes; and using evidence and data to shore up rights-informed arguments are critical to this goal.
The IAI seeks to engage a graphics designer consultant for 2 purposes:
1) Design 3 country maps for Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana and Kenya showing the geographic reach of eight
Civil Society Organizations working in the three countries i.e. indicating the 19 regions of operation
by FENOS-CI in Cote d’Ivoire, 47 counties of operation by Kenya Paediatric Research Consortium
(KEPRECON), Institute of Public Finance Kenya (IPFK), Community Health Partners (CHP) and Health
NGOs Network (HENNET) and 16 regions of operation by Ghana Coalition of NGOs in Health
(GCNH), Hope For Future Generation (HFFG) and SEND Ghana. These maps are to be uploaded on
the country pages of the IAI website.
2) Support IAI communications and advocacy by providing graphics design and layout services for 3
country-focused factsheets: Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Kenya, in order to enhance their qualities
The graphics design consultant is expected to:
- Design and create an illustration, art-work, three maps and other infographic elements for the
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size;
- Develop infographics using supplied data to present core messages and organize complex
information into visual representations;
- Ensure that the final output(s) for each communication product will be the final web-ready and/or
- Delivery dates, timelines and how work will be delivered (e.g. electronic, hard copy etc.)
- The consultant will work on a one-month basis from October.
Timelines: 20 Days: 10 days for designing, 5 days for review and another 5 days to deliver final products.
- All work is to be delivered electronically.
Key deliverables include a layout of the following documents:
- Layout of the three web-ready maps (Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana and Kenya) showing the geographic
reach of the IAI implementing partners working in the above-mentioned three countries.
Cote d’Ivoire IAI factsheet
Ghana IAI factsheet
Kenya IAI factsheet
- A minimum of three samples of recent work: online portfolios and links to graphical work are
- Updated CV and two references
- Quotation including final production costs. Please note that all related costs to this work should be
factored into the budget.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application documents to email@example.com and copy
firstname.lastname@example.org by October 25, 2019. Please indicate ‘Graphic Designer’ on the email subject line.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P. O. Box 10787-00100, GPO
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.
More information about APHRC can be found at www.aphrc.org