About Bidhaa Sasa
Bidhaa Sasa is a women-focused start-up that uniquely combines financing and last-mile distribution of modern household goods in a one-stop shop. We make technology goods, such as solar systems or cook stoves, both accessible and affordable by offering consumer financing to the under-served and unbanked. We deliver life improving products to our clients’ doorsteps while making all products payable in affordable instalments.
We sell our products through groups that are recruited and managed by women leaders currently in the rural heartlands of Bungoma, Kakamega, Nandi, Vihiga and Siaya Counties. Having reached over 18,000 clients to date, we want to increase our presence and provide a better and closer relationship with our clients.
About the role
Group Co-ordinators are at the heart of our business model and deliver our products and services to our clients. The role is a mixture of a sales agent and a loan officer. Equipped with our unique sales process, the hires will organise and run mobilisation meetings with interested clients, follow up on sales leads, complete sales, which includes delivery of products and signing our contracts, as well as deal with late-paying customers and warranty cases. Most importantly, they build lasting relationships with our leaders in these groups who recruit our clients within their own social networks.
The hires will be based in any one of our following hubs: Siaya, Vihiga, Mumias, Moi’s Bridge and Kapsabet, work in their surroundings, and report to the respective Area Manager there. In addition, this is an opportunity to be part of a growing start-up with big ambitions and a dedicated team, but it also means that it’s a rapidly changing environment, requiring you to be responsive and adaptable.
- Identify and develop groups of clients and group leaders in rural areas of Siaya, Vihiga, Mumias, Moi’s Bridge and Kapsabet;
- Manage our unique sales process from start to finish, including contract signing, customer education, data entry/ reporting and after-sales / warranty services;
- Coach group leaders in building their sales and group management skills and develop lasting relationships beyond their initial purchase;
- Manage late-paying groups and clients through strict follow up and repossessions where necessary;
- Identify target audiences to grow your sales network and analyse and identify business growth opportunities.
- You’re passionate about rural development and making a difference for the less well-off in this country and excited about working in a multi-cultural environment; You value diversity and are respectful to others;
- You are a team player who leads by example and excellent at listening and building trust and long-lasting relationships with clients and within teams;
- You value ownership and freedom in exchange for accountability and responsibility;
- You are self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets;
- Entry level position with limited work experience required and intensive on the job training;
- Self-driven, highly organised and able to operate independently towards set targets;
- Rural work experience with MFIs, co-operatives, NGOs or as teachers recommended. However, no previous sales experience is required but considered an advantage;
- Higher Education Diploma or BSc. in a relevant field;
- Willingness to live and work in the areas highlighted;
- Excellent English and Swahili required, knowledge of the local languages considered a strong advantage.
Starting at Ksh. 18,000 per month, plus a strong bonus related element of around half the net salary which will vary with sales performance and client repayment rates. Increasing with experience.
How To Apply
There are vacancies for the Group Coordinator role specifically in the following areas:
- Siaya County (Siaya branch) – Luanda K’Otieno, Madiany, Owimbi Kapetro and Rang’alo
- Busia County (Siaya branch) – Port Bunyala, Sio Port, Ukwala
- Siaya County (Mumias branch) – northern parts including Sigomere, Bungasi, Masiro, Anyieka
- Busia County (Mumias branch) – Busia West covering Busia, Korinda, Likoli, Chakol, Mudika
- Bungoma County (Mumias branch) – Bungoma South covering Myanga, Mateka, Buyofu, Sang’alo
- Vihiga County (Vihiga branch) –Yala, Khumusalaba
- Trans-Nzoia County (Moi’s Bridge branch) – Kiminini, Saboti
- Nandi County (Kapsabet branch) – Mosoriot, Mlango
Applicants should submit their updated CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com indicating on the subject line the position and specific area they are interested in e.g. Group Coordinator: Vihiga – Yala;
Deadline for submitting applications 25th February 2019 by 4 pm;
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.