Manager, Group Risk Support Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, Finance Jobs, CPA Jobs, Banking Jobs, I&M Bank Jobs
The role will ensure that risk management policies and procedures are effectively implemented across the Group. The person shall be responsible for apprising the Group CRO on any new emerging risks from any of the subsidiaries by ensuring timely submission of risk reports by the Subsidiary Risk Heads to the Group and aggregating risk information to get a single view of the key risks that the Group may be exposed to.
She/he shall ensure that as much as possible the Group adopts a standard approach to risk management and that key risks are identified and reported in a timely manner to the Group.
- Support the Group CRO in driving implementation of the Group set standards, policies and procedures through education and training, and plan ahead for succession and continuity of skills across the group.
- Act as a liaison person between Group Risk Team and the subsidiaries through the respective Board representatives.
- Co-ordinate submission of the monthly risk reports, Risk committee meetings minutes and any other information relevant in keeping Group CRO and BAMRC on the top risks and emerging risks in the subsidiaries.
- Providing support to the subsidiaries on challenges that may require Group’s intervention
- Participate in propagating a risk awareness culture in the Group.
- Monitor adherence to group minimum standard Policy and Procedures.
- Consolidate and prepare the Group’s quarterly reports
- Periodically initiate review of the Group minimum standards to ensure that they are up to date with the current processes
- Ensure appropriate identification, measurement, monitoring and reporting of risks is done in a standardized manner across the Group
- Proactively update the Group CRO on any emerging risks within the Subsidiaries
- Organize on a monthly basis Teleconferences of all the Subsidiary Risk Heads to discuss the top risks across the Group
- Masters of Business Administration degree in Finance or a related field will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- CPA (K), ACCA, CIA, or Risk certification;
- Member of a professional body
- Risk Management, Business Continuity or Enterprise Risk Management professional accreditations will be an added advantage
- At least 5 year’s relevant experience in Banking Operations, 3 of which should be in Risk Management.
Skills and Attributes
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with attention to detail; and
- Good understanding of Banking internal policies and procedures as well as external regulations.
- Ability to work with all level of management.
- Previous experience in auditing and finance are a plus.
- Ability to write / revise policies and guidelines and maintain Risk Register.
- Excellent report writing skills.
How to Apply