- Undertaking independent verbatim reporting of County Assembly proceedings and those of relevant committees within or outside the County Assembly;
- Preparing transcripts for editing;
- Sorting, checking transcripts from fellow officers and amending as necessary
- Assisting in classification, custody, archiving, retrieval and cross checking of Hansard documents against references;
- Recording, editing and segmenting recorded Assembly sounds into takes for reporters’ transcription; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned to the office from time to time.
- A Bachelors of Arts degree in Linguistics majoring in English/Kiswahili from a recognized university /institution; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the Social Sciences plus at least a C+ in both English and Kiswahili in the Kenya certificate of Secondary Education Examination or the equivalent qualification;
- A National Diploma in Secretarial Studies(KNEC) with Typing II (40 w.p.m), shorthand III, Audio Typing I and II will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrate knowledge on the working of Hansard reporting and legislative proceedings and committee systems; and
- Excellent computer skills in Word Processing.
How to Apply
Persons interested in filling the above positions should submit Applications in own hand writing accompanied by two page Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport and any other relevant documents.
In addition, applicants should submit certificate of clearance from ethics and ant-corruption commission, higher education loans board, criminal investigation department and the Kenya revenue authority as part of compliance with chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.
Nyandarua County Assembly is an equal opportunity employer and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
All applicants should Clearly indicate the position applied for in the reference line and be addressed to:
County Assembly Service Board
County Assembly of Nyandarua
P.O. Box 720-20303
Or on hand delivery to the office of the Clerk of County Assembly located at the Nyandarua
County Assembly premises not later than 18th February, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.