Impala Club Kenya is a Private Members Club that is sports oriented. Our facilities include: an ultra-modern Health and Fitness Spa, a well-stocked Members Bar, Catering facility offering fairly priced and delicious meals, a floodlight Rugby pitch, separate Hockey and Soccer Pitches, Six Tennis and Five Squash Courts, Cricket Pitch with its own Pavilion, Big Screen TV in the main lounge, a Board Room, ample secure Cabro parking and expanded and refurbished 33 meter Swimming Pool, where Members and their Guests enjoy, Rugby, Swimming, Cricket, Gym, Hockey, Walking, Jogging, Pool, Table Tennis, Darts and Socializing, over our ample, well maintained grounds. We also have a Ladies Salon, a Barber shop and a Car Wash facility.
Impala Club wishes to fill the position of Head Chef with the following description.
The ideal candidate will be a Kenyan citizen who has the following:
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Culinary Arts/Certification in Food and Beverage production or similar qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Hospitality related field would be an added advantage
- Management and Supervisory skills
- Over 5 years’ experience in supervision in hospitality industry
Knowledge in Technical Areas (experience)
The Head Chef is responsible for:
- Determining production schedules and staff requirements for timely delivery of services.
- Estimating the amounts and costs of required supplies and make the orders while adhering to the quality and budgets set.
- Ensuring compliance to established standards within the club while ensuring safety.
- Ensuring that the food operations are controlled in a manner which reaches the desired cost of sales and maximizing potential and optimizing resources.
- Maintaining a high level of food quality and production with the aim of exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Guiding the cooks and other kitchen staff on preparation and presentation of meals.
- Ensuring the security of all foods and equipment by maintaining procedures laid down by the Health and Safety Policy.
- Coming up/reviewing the Menu as and when required.
- Overseeing smooth operation of the kitchen including cleanliness
- Training of the kitchen staff and the service department on new menus
- Allocating duties and supervising the kitchen staff
- Working hand in hand with procurement to ensure the kitchen requirements are met
- Handling complains that may be raised by the Member/Guests
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
The Head Chef will report to the Food and Beverage Manager on the productivity and operations of the kitchen and motivate and provide direction to the staff in the department as well as the supervision of the kitchen team ensuring performance reviews are done.
Competencies & Interpersonal Skills
- Supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Creative and innovative
- Coordination skills
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
DISCLAIMER CLAUSE: The job description is not the exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly apply using the following link https://impala-club.breezy.hr/p/9906579b55ae-head-chef
When applying, kindly remember to
- address your application to:
The Human Resource -Ref: Head Chef Vacancy
Off Ngong Road, PO Box 41516
NAIROBI, Tel: +254 020 2111951/2
submit one file containing your Application Letter, and detailed CV (placed in one file, please) as an attachment in Word or rtf format clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your mail to enable automated email sorting.
Kindly also indicate details of your current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contacts. Original Certificates and copies of the same will be presented by those called for interviews.
Deadline: 18th January 2019
- Please send one application to avoid disqualification.
- Only applications sent for this specific vacancy will be considered
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.