Head of Advancement, Estates & Infrastructure Jobs, Project Management Jobs, Strategic Management Jobs, CUEA Jobs
Head of Advancement, Estates and Infrastructure (1) – ADAEI/CUEA/01
Reporting: Reports to the Special Advisor to the Vice chancellor.
- Support the Special Advisor to the Vice Chancellor in the development of long-range
strategies and plans, and coordinate monitoring and review of such plans;
- Develop and implement policies relating to strategic planning, strategic developments,
resource mobilization and donor relations program;
- Develop annual plans for the University in line with the Strategic Plan, and ensure
implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the development plans;
- Support the University with analysis and business planning to ensure continued
growth/profitability, and evaluate potential business partnerships;
- Thoroughly assess new development opportunities both qualitatively and quantitatively,
evaluating strategic fit, industry competition and financial valuation and impact;
- Gather information on and analyze the emerging opportunities and threats, and advise
Management on timely basis;
- Identify, establish and sustain positive and mutually-rewarding relations and
collaborations between the University and its donors, stakeholders and development
- Design documents and implement a systematic and integrated donor relations program
that encompasses donor recognition events, endowed position installations, and
building naming dedications;
- Develop and coordinate an annual comprehensive work plan that will include specific
fund raising goals and targets for proposals, appeals and campaigns with related
functional areas at the University, and evaluate monthly reports from the sections;
- Develop fundraising strategies; and lead, coordinate and participate in efforts to identify,
solicit funds and gifts, including major gifts occasional foundation/corporate grants,
special events, endowment support and planned giving;
- Manage and develop marketing tools for the Learning Resource Centre and other
University income generating facilities;
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of buildings, roads, motor vehicles, machinery,
equipment, and electrical and mechanical systems;
- Oversee construction and renovation projects to improve eciency and to ensure that
facilities meet environmental, health, and security standards, and comply with
- Ensure the University’s assets are properly maintained and are insured; and ensure that
an assets register of all University property is maintained in liaison with Finance;
- Ensure proper management of disasters and timely response to emergencies in order
the University to operate without interruptions;
- Monitoring and supervision of the various service providers (cleaning, maintenance,
motor vehicle) to ensure quality services and value for money;
- Routine inspection of property including fixtures and installed equipment to ensure the
building structure and furnishings are in good state of repair and maintenance at all
- Prepare estimates for renovations and new works and solicitation of quotes from
qualified service providers;
- Manage leasing of facility space in liaison with the Finance Division and ensure that a
database of all estate related agreements, leases, contracts are maintained and updated;
- Liaise with the occupants of the premises to ensure they understand and adhere to
terms and conditions related to the occupation of the buildings;
- Oversee the provision of general administration services at the premises e.g. transport,
maintenance, catering and infirmary services;
- Ensure payments for ground rent, land rates, insurance premiums and all water and ~
electricity bills are made promptly;
- Market the existing facilities to ensure optimal occupancy and use and market
- Prepare and manage annual recurrent and capital budget for the premises;
- Oversee the outsourcing of security services for the university;
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Special Advisor to the Vice Chancellor.
• Work closely with the Special Advisor to the Vice Chancellor.
• Work with Deans and HODs.
• Build strong relationship with key stakeholders, donors and development partners.
Key Performance Measures
• Increased resource mobilization.
• Strategy development and implementation.
• Strategy evaluation.
• Well organized alumni.
• PhD in strategic planning, project management or related field with 5 years’ experience in
strategy and operations or management consulting, project management or operations
management, 3 of which should have been in a similar position.
• Master’s degree in strategic planning, project management or related field with at least 7
years’ experience in strategy and operations or management consulting, project
management or operations management, 4 of which should have been in a similar
• Working knowledge of ICT will be an added advantage.
• Evidence of participation in community service.
• Experience in resource mobilization, networking and fund raising.
Values and Competencies
• High level of integrity, professionalism and discretion when handling confidential
• Excellent organizational, analytical, negotiation, communication, interpersonal and
strategic leadership skills.
• Outstanding managerial and administrative capability, with proven leadership skills.
• Ability to develop high level networks and partnerships.
• Demonstrate understanding of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation process
• Business and entrepreneurial acumen.
• Effective business development skills.
• Demonstrable commercial and financial management experience.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Dynamic, mature, visionary and self-driven leader.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, copies of relevant certificates and transcripts, testimonials and three reference letters including one from the local parish to: email@example.com.
Applications should reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 8th November 2019.
CUEA is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.