Our Client, one of the biggest International Banks in the region is seeking to hire a Head of Credit and Control to be based in Kampala, Uganda in order to enhance its presence and create a dominant culture in the market place.
Provide strategic direction and oversight of the functions of Credit Analysis and Credit Control and Monitoring, so as to coherently manage credit risk and protect shareholder value, while supporting sustainable credit business growth that builds customer value and supports the overall aims of the Bank.
- Provide strategic leadership for all credit processes of the Bank and guide all related activities to build and protect a quality and profitable loan portfolio that supports the Bank’s growth strategies, within sustainable risk parameters;
- In collaboration with all relevant stakeholders, design the credit risk management framework for the Bank to guide all its pre-and-post disbursement processes and decisions, and supervise its implementation to ensure that the risks associated with the Bank’s credit activities, are effectively managed and mitigated;
- Manage the evolution of the Bank’s credit policies, processes and procedures, and champion their consistent application in all matters of credit business. This includes integrating the Environmental and Social Risk management agenda of the bank with all credit practices, and ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations that relate to the Bank’s credit business;
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders in business and operations to consistently deliver on all service level standards to attain business efficiency, so as to create customer value, and enhance competitive advantage and business value for the Bank;
- Contribute to the Assets and Liabilities Management Committee of the Bank in managing the Bank’s balance sheet, and support in analyzing micro and macro-economic parameters, and help determine the right pricing for credit business;
- Provide overall control of credit analysis procedures, while building and maintaining the necessary structures and tools for reliable identification and mitigation of credit risk, structuring of credit business and approval of procedures. Furthermore, responsibly sanction credit facilities within delegated approval limits where appropriate;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and provide overall guidance and maintenance of control structures to ensure all business that is booked by the Bank is comprehensively documented, perfected and is within the relevant legal framework of credit and banking, so as to be legally sound and executable where such necessity may arise;
- Provide overall leadership in credit portfolio oversight, and collaborate with stakeholders to maintain structures and tools for cross-functional portfolio monitoring so as to enable proactive debt management and limit the forward-flow / ageing rate within acceptable range. Additionally provide overall leadership for management of special assets by mobilizing all relevant stakeholders along the collections and recoveries processes to limit the Bank’s non-performing assets within an acceptable range;
- Manage, motivate and develop the credit team through rigorous performance management, coaching, mentoring, learning and development interventions to create a team able to deliver the credit mission of the Bank.
- Degree in Business, Banking, Finance or Accounting;
- Professional qualification in Banking, Finance, Accounting or related field e.g. ACCA, CFA, CPA etc is desirable;
- 10 years’ experience in Banking, preferably with some diversity in exposure along the credit process;
- Strong knowledge of the relevant legal and regulatory frame including the Financial Institutions Act, the Mortgage Act, the Central Bank lending guidelines, the Financial Consumer Protection Guidelines etc;
- Strong track record in building a quality credit portfolio in the banking industry;
- Track record in developing policies, processes and procedures relating to credit and good grasp of the Bank’s credit policy framework;
- Solid grasp of the Bank’s business model, its strategy and services;
- Good awareness and interpretation of credit trends in the industry, and understanding of economic matters both on a local and global scale;
- Solid knowledge of Business / Banking ICT.
- Advanced business acumen and financial skills;
- Good decision-making, conflict resolution and problem solving skills;
- Networking skills, tact and diplomacy; with ability to influence key people inside and outside the Bank;
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com, clearly indicating the job title as the subject and address it to the Recruitment Manager not later than 21st January, 2019.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.