Head of Digital Jobs, ICT Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
As a direct report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), The Head of Digital is the senior leader charged with creating a vision, plans, and drives the enterprise-wide digital strategy by providing technology that enables digital customer experience through web, mobile and social media platforms for internal use.
This position will be accountable for driving automation across the firm, improving developer productivity, and increasing customer satisfaction by extended use of same platforms where relevant to meet Kenya Airways’ internal requirements.
You will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional value to our internal stakeholders. Works closely with senior stakeholders and executive leadership to define and drive the role of digital operations and how it can enable important enterprise-wide objectives.
You will provide and execute a vision and strategy to help drive improved communication, collaboration, and productivity within the Kenya Airways workforce. As part of this role, you will work closely with all the functional areas in the company stakeholders to modernize the digital workplace and make sure their technology requirements are met.
The role holder will communicate effectively and be able to translate complex technical concepts into views appropriate for executive and senior management; independently produce presentations and reporting to all levels of the organization.
You will also provide strategic leadership and direction regarding data, technology, and innovation across the airline; monitor and analyze technology and trends that could improve consumer overall experience. The role holder also reviews reports, analyzes data and provides feedback to teams in support of continual improvement efforts and provides metrics and status to senior management.
- Oversee strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of an enterprise-wide technology infrastructure. Create a vision for and drive the enterprise-wide digital strategy. Lead the digital strategy execution including coordination and oversight of cross functional teams that deliver digital projects. Works with executive team and staff to develop and implement a culture of exceptional client service around technology and digital offerings.
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members. Facilitate the scrum team for better creativity and works to improve the efficiency of the development team. Managing outside influencers. Remove the impediments for the scrum team.
- Arranges daily stand-up meetings, facilitates and schedules meetings, demos and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process. Conducts retrospective meetings, organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting and acts as safeguard for his team.
- Managing stakeholder communications and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Partner with senior leadership across to advance the mission goals of airline with a focus on innovative technology solutions; including identifying opportunities and risks for delivering products and services digitally, as well as identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to business success.
- Accountable for successful planning and coordination of the execution of multiple complex, high risk and multi-dimensional infrastructure projects across the company related to Digital Transformation and will act as the primary liaison for the airline with strategic partners and vendors, ensuring alignment of efforts with the airline’s strategic objectives. This role will also function as a change agent for the airline by articulating the business needs and value of Digital Transformation initiatives effectively enterprise-wide, influencing support and driving adoption for digital-based initiatives.
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management. Is responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum team in agile methodology
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Remain current with technology standards, industry trends and emerging technologies, as well as product development and product management best practices while ensuring compliance with all regulations, policies, and procedures.
- An IT related Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification with relevant IT professional qualifications.
- 10+ years of working experience in IT, of which 5 must be in Digital Practice.
- Certified Agile project manager/Scrum Master with relevant practical experience as an agile project manager/Scrum Master or experience working in a Scrum Framework.
- Strong understanding of the full software development life cycle, processes and procedures with an understanding of team needs, fundamentals of iterative and incremental development as well as Service oriented environments and Agile practices.
- Thorough understanding of the lean/Agile software development methodologies, techniques, values and procedures – User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Kanban, Extreme Programing (XP), Crystal, Feature Driven Development (FDD).
- Ability to produce quantifiable metrics of performance and use these to maximize productivity
- Coaching capability on agile scrum with a Continuous improvement mindset – Must continually be growing one’s craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team. Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- High level of mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills, Logical, analytical with an investigative creative mind and ability to handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail. Knows and appreciates the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Design thinking experience and/or training is desirable.
- You strive in a culture of innovation – willing to say yes and try out new ideas and living outside your comfort zone.
- You are comfortable handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing organization-wide technological, and digital strategies aligned with organizational mission and focus on user experience.
- Must be comfortable in an environment where limited support or information may be available, along with the ability to navigate seamlessly between setting a strategy and executing/implementing.
- Demonstrated capability to lead and execute large scale, complex, and cross-functional work efforts across multiple disciplines with expertise and passion on understanding the needs of external Customers and working with internal Customers to understand their barriers to delivering service excellence.
- High-level communication skills including experience in leading management teams towards a strategic technology vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills when working with both internal business and technical people with external customers, ability to solidify vague requests, explain issues, and guide to solutions.
How to Apply