Reporting to the Managing Director the Head of Finance will be responsible for the overall management of Finance Department
- Manage financial resources effectively and efficiently through review development and implementation of dynamic strategy, policies and plans of activity based budgets and implementation of strict budgetary control measures
- Manage daily financial transactions and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with acceptable accounting standards
- Manage preparation of financial and management reports as may be required
- Budget preparation and monitoring for the department
- Develop, review and interpret financial policies, regulations, strategies and procedures
- Develop and ensure the maintenance of internal control and accounting systems
- Ensure compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards and Public Finance management Act 2012
- Coordinate overall budget preparation for recurrent and development expenditure at the Company including annual estimates
- Prepare, review and interpret financial reports and statements
- Undertake strategic financial analysis of the company’s business
- Control income, cash flow and expenditure
- Analyze financial performance and advise on the financial implications of business decisions
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and recommend improvements
- Mobilize financial resources in liaison with departments and other agencies for the company’s projects
- Implement Corporate Governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Oversee departmental staff training and development and performance management;
- Mentoring and coaching staff and ensuring prudent allocation and utilization of resources
- Be a holder of Bachelors / Masters Degree in any of the following fields:- Commerce (Finance/Accounting Option), Finance, Economics, Business Administration (Finance Option) or,
- Possesses Professional qualifications; CPA-K, and be an active member of ICPAK, Certificate in leadership course from recognised company
- A minimum of 10 years professional experience 5 years of which must have been at middle management level with the responsibility of management and oversight of multiple finance functions i.e. budgeting and costing, cash and bank/revenue, accounts payable, accounts receivable, non-current assets.
- Should have a Certificate in Leadership/Management Course from recognized Institution
- Proven ability and professional competence in Accounting and Finance management in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Be familiar with performance development and measurement systems
- Knowledge of IFRSs, ISAs and PFM Act 2012
- Be a person of high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
How To Apply
Interested persons will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and be in possession; of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Investigations, Clearance Certificate from HELB, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you are energetic, highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and motivation in pursuit of business growth and success, please submit your application with copies of your professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae, with details of your current position, remuneration, email and telephone contact and three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. For full details about these positions please log on to NMC website: www.nmc.go.ke.
To be considered, your application should be received by the undersigned on or before 28th February, 2019.
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Numerical Machining Complex,
KR Central Workshops off Bunyala Road
PO. Box 70660 – 00400
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Numerical Machining Complex is an equal opportunity employer