Head of Security Services Jobs, Security Jobs, Jobs In Mombasa, KPA Jobs
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Security Services will provide overall leadership in
security matters at the Authority ensuring and for maintaining a security compliant environment
that supports KPA operations using adequate security control measures to protect the Authority’s
assets, equipment and cargo.
- Draw and ensure compliance to the Port Facility Security Plan;
- Formulate implement and review the Authority’s security policies, SOPs, ISO Quality Management Systems (QMS) manual and security guidelines and procedures;
- Establish adequate security measures for all equipment and cargo within all port facility areas and Inland Container Depots;
- Oversee and ensure adherence to security requirements and procedures in all security Port zones including compliance with the International Ship and Port Security (ISPS) Code;
- Provide direction and guidance in security threats and trends and advise on any new regulatory requirements;
- Prepare and lead timely audits of the Port Facility Security; and
- Establish and nurture good stakeholder relations in the management of the security function.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields; Criminology, Security Management, Criminal Justice or any other related field;
- Possess relevant security qualification; and specialised knowledge in security management;
- A Masters degree in Security Management field or any other related field will be an added advantage;
- Have knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years of relevant work experience with at least five (5) years served in managerial position (s) in significant organisation (s) with similar complexity as Kenya Ports Authority; and
- Be computer literate.
Candidates will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How To Apply
If you meet the relevant criteria for the roles above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, your curriculum vitae, details of your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 14 June 2019.
For the full details about these positions, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www2.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-search-recruitment.html
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. All applications MUST be submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.