Reporting to the Managing Director the Head of Supply Chain Management will be responsible for the overall management of Supply Chain Management.
- Formulate and implement strategies and policies for procurement of goods and services
- Develop long-term and short-term procurement plans in liaison with users and as per the Company’s material requirements
- Coordinate procurement of quality materials and services to support the Company’s operations
- Coordinate internal monitoring and evaluation of the supply chain function of the Company, prepare tender and prequalification documents for expression of interest for the Company and ensure goods and services procured by Company meet tender specifications
- Identify, evaluate, select and negotiate contractual terms and prices with third party providers including suppliers; developing detailed Service Level Agreements for third party providers outlining the key performance areas critical to the Company
- Monitor third party providers’ performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; convening and providing secretarial services to the Tender Committee and ensure maintenance of updated suppliers list
- Provide advisory services in the procurement matters to the Company including preparation of consolidated procurement and disposal plan.
- Be a holder of Bachelors/Master’s Degree in any of the following fields:- Supply Chain Management, Commerce (Supplies Management option), Procurement and Supplies Management, Business Administration, Logistics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Possess a Certificate in Leadership/management course from a recognized institution
- Must be an active member with Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies or with a relevant professional body recognized in Kenya
- Be conversant with the relevant computer Applications
- Be familiar with performance development and measurement systems
- Be able to demonstrate managerial, administrative and professional competence in work performance with at least 6 years work experience
How To Apply
Interested persons will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and be in possession; of valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Investigations, Clearance Certificate from HELB, Tax Compliance Certificate from KRA and Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe you are energetic, highly motivated with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and motivation in pursuit of business growth and success, please submit your application with copies of your professional certificates, testimonials, curriculum vitae, with details of your current position, remuneration, email and telephone contact and three referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. For full details about these positions please log on to NMC website: www.nmc.go.ke.
To be considered, your application should be received by the undersigned on or before 28th February, 2019.
The Chairman, Board of Directors,
Numerical Machining Complex,
KR Central Workshops off Bunyala Road
PO. Box 70660 – 00400
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Numerical Machining Complex is an equal opportunity employer