Head, Risk & Audit Jobs, Audit Jobs, IPOA Jobs
The position reports to the Board functionally and to the Director/CEO administratively.
Supervises: Risk and Audit Staff.
The Head of Risk and Audit is responsible for the following: –
- Developing and reviewing the internal audit strategy, policies, procedures, and guidelines;
- Monitoring implementation of audit plans as approved by the Risk and Audit Committee;
- Coordinating audit reviews of the effectiveness of risk management process and the adequacy of internal controls;
- Coordinating preparation and submission of periodic audit reports;
- Developing and coordinating implementation of the Risk Management Framework;
- Managing risk assessment and developing risk management guidelines as well as fraud investigation and anti-corruption strategy;
- Developing and monitoring implementation of internal audit systems in accordance with International Auditing Standards;
- Reporting and communicating audit findings and recommendations to the Management and to the Risk and Audit Committee;
- Reporting and communicating on the status of risks faced by the Authority and mitigation strategies to the Management and to the Risk and Audit Committee;
- Instituting follow-up audits to ensure implementation of audit recommendations;
- Coordinating timely performance of special audit investigations and forensic audits as necessary; and
- Managing staff development and performance appraisal.
- Facilitating the Authority’s annual external auditing
- Monitoring compliance with all policies and of relevant laws
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
For appointment at this grade, an officer must have: –
- Bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Commerce (Finance or Accounting Option), Business Administration (Accounting Option); or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines Auditing, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Must be a CPA(K) or have equivalent qualification from recognized institution;
- Must be a registered member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or ISACA;
- Served in the grade of Principal Risk & Audit Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or ten (10) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public or Private Sector;
- Certificate in either Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme or equivalent qualification lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated integrity, professional competence and ability in planning and controlling internal audit activities.
Required behavioral skills
- Professional competence
- Team player
- Results oriented, meet deadlines on assignments and juggle multiple demands
All applicants MUST attach valid/current clearances from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI); and
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to apply
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email, online or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, on both the cover letter and envelope, together with IPOA Employment Application Form (available: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/ ), a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Friday, 12th July, 2019 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Online application portal: https://portal.ipoa.go.ke/careers/
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Locals from Turkana County are encouraged to apply for the Complaints Management Officer II position above.
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status.