Who We Are:
Muthaiga Golf Club proudly called the Home of Golf by its elite membership, is in many ways the ultimate embodiment of Kenya’s unique marriage of ancient golf tradition and a modern 18-Hole Championship Golf Course.
The main objective of this role is to work closely with the Food and Beverage team in running the food and beverage services for Muthaiga Golf Club. The Head waiter manages co-workers while maintaining excellence in quality control and excellent customer relations.
This job role is also responsible for the complete directing, operational control, effective supervision and coordination of all the F&B Sections (i.e. F & B purchases, receiving, F&B services) as relates to the Club; to the satisfaction of the Club’s members, guests and management.
- Food & Beverage Service
- Manage all food and beverage service outlets with a hands-on approach in the absence of the Food and Beverage
- Manager, which may include bar, restaurant, casual dining, catering services, snack bar and convenience cart, and co-ordinates to achieve qualitative/quantitative goals and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain existing food and beverage programs that ensure the highest possible quality of food service to meet customer expectations and assure repeat business.
- Carry out daily inspections of the service areas for upkeep and maintenance of the equipment.
- Ensuring the service team has working tools at all times. (Uniforms, name tags, table cloth, at all time).
- Ensure that the bars have all the required drinks at all times and proper displays for merchandising of wines, cocktails and other drinks.
- Ensure enough and presentable menu lists are available.
- Ensure that all necessary licenses are in place and are renewed in time.
- Review all bookings for catered activities, i.e. banquets and meetings, and ensure all appropriate preparation is made in advance.
- Monitor the profitability of every item by checking on the changes in the cost prices and making a recommendation to the management for any price changes.
- Assist in approving all the F&B Section requisition for expenditures so as to ensure the budgeted expenses are not exceeded.
- In conjunction with the F&B Manager, develop and continuously review the F&B service points procedures through proper billing systems so that all sales realized are accounted for by charging members and guests through the P.O.S. System and any sold guest card is properly receipted and banked.
- Participate and make follow up on daily and monthly bar stock taking plus the F&B stores to ensure the reports are correctly done.
- Organize monthly stocktaking of the operating equipment and explain the differences and losses.
- Analyze the daily sales mix and make recommendations to the management on the items to be added or dropped from the food or bar menus lists.
- Provide the Clubhouse with the competitors’ price comparisons for the sports bar on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor the slow-moving items by ensuring they are used or returned to the store so as to avoid dead stocks which lead to expiry items.
- Ensure the staff canteen is always clean and kept in an orderly manner and a proper staff eating timetable is maintained.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Management, Hospitality Management, or a related field
- Certificate in Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have sound knowledge of food & beverage products.
- Conversant with cost control reports
- Knowledge of stock control system; POS System
- 3 years working experience in Food and Beverage
- At least 1 year as a Headwaiter
How To Apply:
If you meet the outlined requirements please send your application, including a cover letter, current Curriculum Vitae with telephone contacts of 3 referees and testimonials quoting the job title on the email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject Head Waiter)