The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in the department and shall be responsible to the County Executive Committee Member. He/she will be responsible for:
- The Administration of the County department
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals.
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans
- Implementation of policies and regulations
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery
- Ensuring compliance with the National Values and Principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Be a Kenya citizen.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied for and in good standing
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than 10 years in the relevant field, five of which should be in a managerial position
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
- Demonstrate through understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines
- Have ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Be computer literate.