The HRIO is responsible for providing support to the health facilities in medical documentation, data management, data analysis and reporting
Documentation and reporting
- Ensure availability of necessary data collection and reporting tools at the facility. This will include patient cards/files, registers, reporting tools, databases
- Maintain data security and confidentiality
- Guide the facility staff on effective data management especially on correct and complete documentation
- Ensure all required data summaries and facility reports are complete, accurate and timely
- Reporting for the facilities through DHIS
- Participate in data collection for program monitoring and research
Data quality audits
- Review data prior to submission to DHRIO/ uploading into DHIS
- Scheduling and participating in facility data quality audits
- Cleaning EMR and DHIS data
- Ensure the facility EMR is up-to-date
- Perform regular back-up of EMRs
- Assist in compilation of ad-hoc or systematic data analysis, and share with the facility staff during MDT meetings
- Support innovative ways of data presentation to ensure maximum and timely utilisation
For appointment to the post of HRIO, a candidate must:
- Be in possession of at least a certificate in Health Records and Information from a recognised medical training college. A diploma in Health records will have added advantage.
- Work experience as a HRIO in a health setting
- Work experience with EMRs in a health setting is an added advantage
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
The successful candidate will be supervised by his/her respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
How To Apply
Applications should include the following:
- Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts of at least three (3) referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Photocopy of ID
- Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, January 11, 2019.
Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.