Engineer Home Customer Support Job at Safaricom
We are pleased to announce the following Vacancy in the Home Solutions Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Manager- Home Customer Support, the position holder will perform daily 2nd Level technical support and partner operations for Home customers and resolution of 1st Line escalations within SLA in order to achieve and surpass Customer experience expectation for Safaricom Home by ensuring service requests are fulfilled within defined OLA’s/SLA’s and enhance timely service delivery.
Engineer Home Customer Support Job Responsibilities
- Accept escalations from 1st line support and deal with customers issues raised on email/phone.
- Troubleshoot, resolve incidents, analyze trends and report on support performance
- Home partner performance tracking and reporting.
- Continuously review and recommend customer solutions to maximize service availability
- Oversee Home technical support engineers and effectively liaise with subject matter experts level 3 support players to diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix complex customer issues.
- Deal with escalations from all home stakeholders and progressively update them on resolution activities and technical customer experience initiatives.
- Troubleshoot with vendors to resolve and proactively capture customer issues.
- Perform network and customer field visits to ensure and sustain quality FTTH network infrastructure.
- Capacity monitoring and reporting on Home network resources.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance for proactive support of all Home customers.
- Perform root cause analysis on all incidents and problems to avoid recurrence and issuance of incident reports on the same to home stakeholders.
- Deliver excellence in Home Customer support by continuously training both partners and 1st line support teams on troubleshooting skills and best practices.
- Proactive communication of service outages, network changes and progressively update stakeholders during faulting.
- Continuously review and improve on the existing processes to benchmark on best practices and ensure adherence.
- Ensure Home customer technical solutions are documented and all running configurations are backed up.
- Ensure all Preventive and restorative procedures are well documented.
Requirements for the Engineer Home Customer Support Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, BSc Electronics, Telecoms, MIS, or related technical field.
- CCNP, CCIP, CCVP, HCNA, CWNA will have added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in technical support and preferably for an Internet Service provider or equivalent.
- Proven customer service/support skills with internal and external customers
- Strong technical analysis, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills, including research of customer issues, issue re-creation, log file analysis and excellent reporting skills
- Involvement in implementing and supporting customer-based products and solutions.
How to Apply