- Ensuring that there is timely maintenance of equipment, availability of working tools and office accommodation.
- Attending to all official correspondences for the Department.
- Coordinating and compiling medical reports (patient attendance, admissions, referrals, MCH (Mother – Child Healthcare), Lab, sick-offs, rebates/non-rebates, etc.
- Ensuring proper maintenance and safe custody of Departmental records, personal/subject files and patient files and giving direction for destruction of the records when due.
- Reporting accidents /incidences in the Department.
- Ensuring availability of transport (ambulances, utility vehicle) for the Department.
- Preparing Departmental procurement needs and ensuring availability of equipment as per requirements and controlling the Departmental sub store.
- Advising sectional Heads on rules and regulations in force which affects them in the course of their supervisory roles.
- Attending to staff matters e.g. leave, sickness, acting, promotions, retirements, deaths, desertions, time and attendance.
- Compiling staff disposition and submitting to Human Resource Department on quarterly basis.
- Preparing orientation programs for newly employed staff, those on industrial attachment and monitoring progress.
- Attending to employee needs, queries and industrial relations issues in the Department.
- Monitoring and controlling expenditure of the Department and forwarding Departmental billing information to revenue accountant.
- Ensuring verification of accounting documents (payment vouchers, motor mileage log sheets, duty travel forms, medical center bills, NHIF certificate of contribution paid and third party payments) and forwarding to the Head of Medical Services for approval.
- Assisting in the preparation of the Departmental budget under the direction of Head of Medical Services and in liaison with section heads.
- Availing, monitoring and controlling imprest cash facilities for the Department.
- Ensuring compliance of the Government NHIF policies for the benefit of KPA staff in liaison with Human Resources Department and NHIF offices.
- Ensuring preparation of medical bills recoverable from employees are compiled and forwarded to Human Resources Department.
- Changing local purchasing orders (LPO’s) in the system to match the invoices raised by service providers.
- Liaising with other medical centers and doctors on issues related to medical bills
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Records and Information Management from a recognized institution.
- Hold a Diploma in Health Records and Information technology from a recognized institution.
- Be a valid member of a recognized professional body and be of good standing.
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in provision of administrative support to facilitate provision of medical care with three (3) years served at a supervisory level.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.