Hotel Manager Job at Duma Works
Duma Works is recruiting a Hotel Manager for one of our clients; a hotel situated in one of the largest towns in Kenya, Eldoret.
Scope and General Purpose:
- Responsible for the overall success of the hotel, meeting or exceeding planned objectives for revenue and profit, and ensuring guest satisfaction and product quality standards are met.
- Manage all areas of the hotel in accordance with set standards in order to achieve a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality.
- Provides exemplary performance to be emulated by staff.
- Brief the Board of Directors from time to time on the operations of the hotel.
Reports to: Board of Directors
Responsible for: All Hotel Operations.
Liaises with: Head Chef Housekeeper Head of Front office Head of Security Head of Personnel Head of Maintenance Accountant Head of security Head of food & Beverage
Limits of Authority: As may be prescribed by the Board from time to time
Hotel Manager Job Responsiblities
- Be readily available/approachable to all guests.
- Ensure that departments achieve or exceed guest’s service expectations.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times..
- Promote teamwork and boost morale.
- Lead by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Motivate and encourage staff to solve guest and complains.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Assist team leaders in meeting and exceeding Hotel goals.
- Meet quarterly with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Conduct monthly reward and recognition meeting and reward achievers.
- Develop cross-training opportunities throughout the hotel essential for multitasking.
- Assist departmental heads in motivating their staff.
- Conduct one-on-ones meetings with heads of departments. rubove
- Provide service training.
- Ensure orientations for new staff members.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with without compromising standards.
- Comply with all hotel accounting procedures.
- Maximize revenue through the Yield Management and inventory control systems.
- Develop annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Minimise accident, workmen’s compensation claims and resulting costs.
- Utilize budgets to teach heads of departments understand financial objectives of the hotel while balancing costs with guest’s satisfaction.
- Develop and communicate selling strategies to staff.
- Review these weekly with head of Sales.
- Oversee all accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures.
Sales and Marketing
- Implement and encourage hotel participation in corporate national sales and marketing programs.
- Communicate competitive market conditions to Management.
- Review selling strategies daily.
- Continually solicit new business for the hotel.
- Networking during breakfast and social hours to assist sales in uncovering new business leads.
- Ensure that all front line staff understands hotel selling strategies.
- Stay current on local market conditions.
- Assist the hotel sales team with preparing the annual revenue budget and annual marketing plan.
- Maintain rapport with competitor hotels, lead sources, clients, tour operators and the local community.
- Manage sales department.
- Review period end reports.
- Attend corporate meetings for networking purposes.
- Perform hands-on duties as needed to deliver guest services.
- Provide a safe working environment in compliance with the labour regulations.
- Responsible for accident prevention programs.
- Audit to ensure guest rooms, public areas, grounds, and kitchen areas meetsanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Coordinate preventive maintenance and general cleaning program so that guest satisfaction goals are attained. And ensure food handling staffs have up to date food handling certificates. Identifying trends in the industry and making recommendations for improvements.
- Check a minimum of 4 rooms per day selected at random identifying displeasures and ensuring general cares meets the required standards.
- Ensure that the hotel hiring comply with agreed contract and ensure that all hiring are contracted and documented.
- Interview and select potential new function hires and hire based on first come basis and best rate offer.
- Promote both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
- Maintain current licenses and permits as prescribed by the Government.
- Have working knowledge the labour laws.
- Scheduling of management team includes coverage of weekend, public holidays and evening hours.
- Pursue additional personal development.
- Any other duties assigned by Board of Directors.
How to Apply
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3484”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3484 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Sunday, 30 September 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.