The purpose of this position is to support and assist the Human Resources and Administration Officer in day-to-day management of human resource and administration related issue at Kakuma Area office.
- Assist in the implementation of the organization policies and procedures
- Provide support in recruitment processes, including advertisements, filing applications, inviting candidates, organizing interview venues etc.
- Update staff records and files, including contracts, leave, medical, timesheets appraisals, etc.
- Generate monthly records and reports such as staff lists, leave and other HR statistics
- Process and follow up claims for medical cover and insurance
- Prepare the regular Incentive Staff payroll data for review
- Ensure Installation, Repair and maintain electrical appliances in the NRC compounds.
- Draw Performance Management schedules, the coordination and follow up to ensure that staff ‘s performance is reviewed during the schedules
- Conduct Regularly, the staff performance review under your line management (conducts work/Development Plan meeting, mid-term review, End-term review and provide regular feedback).
- Conduct on job trainings for the subordinate Staff.
- Prepare monthly estimates of food projection to guide the welfare committee in the monthly procurement of food stuff.
- Requisition, receive, record, distribute and maintain adequate inventory of office and accommodation, catering supplies and consumable.
- Prepare monthly airtime log sheets and requisitions for the office airtime and distribute accordingly
- Ensure order and cleanliness of the offices, compound, accommodation facilities and catering unit.
- Arrange for staff and visitors visas, flight bookings, transport and accommodations
- Arrange for conferences and workshops as may be required by programs.
- Provide secretarial support such as takings minutes, drafting letters, etc.
- Maintain an appropriate filing, retrieval and archiving system for the Office Administration section
- Ensure utility bills e.g. telephone bills, electricity and water bills are paid on time in collaboration with the HR Officer
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management with at least two years’ experience in the same profession. NGO experience & knowledge is an added advantage
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge of English both oral and written
- Computer skills in MS Office Word, Excel, and Internet.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of labour laws
- MUST be a member of IHRM
How to Apply