HR Assistant Job at Moko Home
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
Attracted global investment to continue fueling our growth and vision
Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
What You’ll Do
Moko is looking for an individual with an eye for talent. The ideal candidate will support organization-wide efforts in sourcing for and retaining the best talent. Additionally, they should be able to take pride in duties such as helping a group of general workers in their factory work better together in the morning and training a group of new recruits on the company values in the afternoon. They should be at ease with both interviewing a prospective candidate and walking a new senior manager through their first hiring process.
Manage the recruitment process end-to-end
- Identify great potential members of their team through a variety of strategies. This includes multiple job board searches, leveraging their existing networks and building new ones as well as direct outreach to prospective candidates
- Consider candidates for roles by evaluating their skills and culture fit in-depth, using detailed interviews, role plays and practical assessments
- Support hiring managers in reviewing responses and narrowing down the candidate pool toward the perfect fit
- Accurately track the progress of all applicants through the hiring pipeline, keeping everyone participating in the hiring process in the loop
- Assess staff development and training needs and support the creation of training programs as well as ensure that all staff members receive effective mentorship to promote career growth
- Personally lead training sessions for staff members
- Lead diversity and inclusion work for the Company in addition to serving as a leader and role model to the team at large. Live the Watervale values.
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
- At least 3 years’ experience in finding, hiring and managing talent.
- Ability to shape the talent strategy of a fast-growing company.
- Quality focus. Just getting the job done is not enough for you. You set high standards and share them with the team.
- Knowledge of Kenya employment laws
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- Eagerness to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team