HR Manager Job at Foundation Institute of Africa
Executing HR functions and the people strategy in close collaboration with the Executive Management Team.
HR Manager Job Responsibilities
- Ensure updated filing for all staff and proper record maintenance for every staff within the organization.
- Liaise with Finance in processing payroll and necessary deductions for the staff and ensuring the final commuted list of salaries and advances payable are checked and verified.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit on basis of requirement discussed with the department head, interview and select suitable applicants.
- Review, amend and draft job description and qualifications required for the staff of the group human resources department
- Designing, developing and implementing effective human resources strategy, policies, processes and procedures in line with College objectives.
- Develop the recruitment and selection process to include: appointment, confirmation, termination, resignation procedures and processes.
- Formulate effective performance appraisal policy procedures and ensure its compliance
- Enhance organization communications, encourage and develop employee relations
- Ensure proper management of staff amenities and occupational and health safety
- Identify the areas for development and explore new skills to enhance productivity
- Deal with staff disciplinary Matters.
- Ensuring alignment of HR Policies and procedures to the labour laws and other appropriate legislations
- Ensuring employee personal data is captured in the Human Resource Management Information System.
- Development of training programs for short capacity building courses and seminars.
- Preparation of Management counter proposals of Collective Bargaining Agreements for negotiations
- Monitoring the College establishment, cost, productivity and advising remedial actions.
- Leading the reward and recognition policies, processes and their implementation
- Leading in developing a performance culture through elaborate policies, processes and procedures to achieve the College strategy
- Responsible for talent management in the department including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Managing and implementing change initiatives to achieve desired university plans and culture
Qualifications for the HR Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant field.
- Professional certificate and member of Institute of Human Resource Management ( IHRM) Must have a practicing certificate
- 5-7 years’ experience in Human Resource management with 3 in management
- Ability to work in a growing start up organization that embraces all different types of cultures in a workplace.
- Diplomatic approach to any associated conflicts.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine details.
- Ability to manage time, processes and effective budget development as well as reporting skills.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV and Cover letter to email@example.com with the position as a subject line on or before 20/9/2018.